Cashout Bitcoin to Thai Bank?

Hi,

I plan to cash out some million Bahts to a Thai Bank account so I can buy a house.

Can I open myself a bank account in Thailand? I am non-resident in Thailand and have no residence anywhere in the world.

If yes, will it be easy to cashout? They ask many questions? What they want for proof of money origin?

Can I cashout to the bank account of my girlfriend? She is a student and never received big money before, they will make her problems? The money will get freezed? If she tell it's for her foreigner boyfriend, problem? If she tell it's from her own Bitcoin investments years ago, problem?

In my home country I know any laws about that but here in Thailand I just don't know. Would be happy if anyone could help me.

Bitkub is great. Limits for non residents who can only pass lower level KYC. It’ll need to go to a bank account in your name in Thailand. Therein lies the problem. That’s the bigger question. From what I hear it’s hit or miss and depends on bank to bank, you’ll need to shop around personally. 

Bikub are great. Easy to join and I can take out 3 million baht per day.

Coins.co.th is an alternative but the selling rates are not good, volume is much lower. 

The only problem I could see of someone who has never seen large amounts of money is that they could become distant from you.

A golden rule here, never get married until you've lived here for 5 years and understand the culture. And, never buy a house until you've been married for 5 years. Based on my observations of foreigners over nearly 30 years.

• Like 2

Does she know what a bit coin is? And how she made this profit? 

When I buy property in my GF's name - I have to sign a document that says I relinquish any claim to the money... 

If the question is about finding a way to do this in your name, there are ways around it that others here will know of... long leases, setting up a company... etc

Edited by kenk24

Open a bank acct in your home country. Send the bitcoins there. Slowly transfer money from there to your Thai bank as you need it. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Never reveal the full extent of your wealth.

In the words of a great, old American song: "You gotta know when to hold em. Know when to fold em. Know when to walk away. And know when to run". You've probably been doing that with your investing already.

Yes, you will have to shop around for a Thai bank that will let you open an acct. Many require a work permit. Some have reported being able to do it with just a tourist visa. One Bangkok Bank branch didn't even want to see my work permit and said "Come back when the manager's here", which means no.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
Hold em or fold em
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, timmu said:

In Pattaya there are some companies that help you to get your own account,

never open on the others name.

Have you used such a service and can recommend one? If so, which bank do they work with? I have bank accounts in Bangkok (opened years ago when it was much easier), but I'd like to open one in Pattaya without having to go through that onerous immigration or embassy certificate of residence routine.

36 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Have you used such a service and can recommend one? If so, which bank do they work with? I have bank accounts in Bangkok (opened years ago when it was much easier), but I'd like to open one in Pattaya without having to go through that onerous immigration or embassy certificate of residence routine.

The Kasikorn branch in BigC Pattaya Klang opened a bank account for me without work permit or anything (back in 2016). But I did have to buy some insurance policy that was probably 10.000 THB. Not sure if that's worth it for you.

Edited by wolf81
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, mrfaroukh said:

You can for sure send the money to your girl friends account the only problem is you will never see any of them.

Actually you could not, even if it wouldn’t be a good idea. Almost all bitcoin exchanges and definitely Bitkub will only allow you to withdraw to a bank account where account holder name of the bank account matches the account holder name of the Bitkub account.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, jasonsamui55 said:

Bitkub is great. Limits for non residents who can only pass lower level KYC. It’ll need to go to a bank account in your name in Thailand. Therein lies the problem. That’s the bigger question. From what I hear it’s hit or miss and depends on bank to bank, you’ll need to shop around personally. 

No problem, I have plenty of time. I will check to get the bank account, I just need my passport?

So I can open Bitkub account with residency country in Europe? How are the limits then?

I would be extremely cautious keeping funds on Coins...

Their source code is unverifiable.

Their website is currently just offline! (just days before the halving and the price up...!)

Possible runner?

On 5/4/2020 at 2:37 AM, Covid19Everywhere said:

No problem, I have plenty of time. I will check to get the bank account, I just need my passport?

So I can open Bitkub account with residency country in Europe? How are the limits then?

I’m not sure of the limits exactly in your case. Try it. Yes, no problem of residency elsewhere outside of Thailand.