In lockdown, 'desperate' Swiss turn to snooping and snitching

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Of course not. I would be amazed if anyone would waste money with a private detective because the family downstairs is hosting a large play date for her kids. That's got to be a Swiss thing.????

I'd be more inclined to hire a detective to find out why the Swiss charge 4 Euro for a coffee.

And 9.50 Swiss Franc for a beer in Zurich !!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

but the bottom line; is that these Swiss opted to request professional assistance!

- they didn't just go out on their own bat, and start killing the 'noisy etc' neighbours...

- this is why the Thais have taken a sort of novel interest in a Story of something that is totally backwards to their own psych!

Intriguing. So the Thai's might skip the private investigator thing and jump right into violence?

• Like 2

A mother checking on her ex-husband’s sexual habits to protect their asthmatic child

I’m glad the OP went on to explain the issue was the father having multiple sexual partners, on first reading the opening paragraph I imagined his adult fun and games must have been kicking up clouds of dust.

The only person that I've ever had a serious ruck with was a Swiss woman in the school car park. I was reversing out of my parking space when she drove across the back of me. We both got out of our cars and it was immediately obvious that no damage was done to either car. She insisted on my insurance details which I refused as no damage had been done. She went completely apoplectic. Insisted that she might find some damage when she got home. She phoned the police who obviously gave her short shrift so then she asked the car park attendant to get the school director. School director was at a complete loss for what to do so apologised to me and guided me out of my parking space and I drove of leaving the Swiss woman jumping up and down and screaming expletives in French.

Two things about the incident puzzled me, when she learned that I was English her anger visibly went up a level. I later learned from a Thai friend who was raised in Switzerland that he was openly taught in school to hate the English and was surprised to find, when he returned to Thailand and began associating with Brits what nice people we were, in his words, much nicer than the Swiss.

The other was when I spoke in Thai to my wife, she got quite arrogant and claimed that she knew what I was saying. Clearly not as my wife and i always converse in Lao/Issan, not Thai.

Definitely one of the most racist, arrogant, bigoted people that I've ever met in my life.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’m sure it never happens in Germany ????

Well, when it comes to “gründlichkeit” and “pünktlichkeit” and being a law-abiding citizen in general, the Swiss are like Germans on steroids. 

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Can he find out why Prawit flies to Switzerland monthly?  for 'health checks'?

People with diplomatic passports dont get stopped/ searched, what a fantastic way to carry loads of dosh, to deposite in a Swiss bank.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, colinneil said:

People with diplomatic passports dont get stopped/ searched, what a fantastic way to carry loads of dosh, to deposite in a Swiss bank.

I understood he has a 'health issue' in most other countries the Press would be all over this story

• Like 1