Phuket officials report zero new confirmed COVID cases

webfact

Phuket officials report zero new confirmed COVID cases

By The Phuket News

1588313848_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Phuket Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Incident Command Center today (May 1) announced zero new confirmed cases of people infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus, leaving the total number of people in Phuket officially recognised as infected with the disease since the outbreak began at 217.

According to the report released this morning, so far 8,747 people classified as at risk of contracting COVID-19 have been checked by laboratory tests, an increase of 235 on the 8,512 reported yesterday.

A total of 4,712 people had been classified as Persons Under Investigation (PUI), of whom 179 were later confirmed as infected, said the report.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-report-zero-new-confirmed-covid-cases-75921.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-01

55 minutes ago, smedly said:

please explain what that means and how you have concluded 

There should be 217 entries here: https://data.go.th/en/dataset/covid-19-daily

When I search with 'ภูเก็ต', I get 219. So there-abouts.

That's those that have been confirmed with two reference lab tests. The Phuket 7 a couple of days back wasn't recorded in the day they announced it and it's unclear if all of them have been confirmed by the two labs or not.

Edited by DrTuner

12 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Let's see how they report for today. :whistling:

There are 3 new cases today (Saturday/2nd), not yet confirmed but all 3 believed to be in Bang Tao.

Ok, just confirmed, 2 females and 1 male, all Bang Tao.

Edited by pagallim
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

There are 3 new cases today (Saturday/2nd), not yet confirmed but all 3 believed to be in Bang Tao.

thats devastating news

I am at Surin Beach 

We will be locked in here forever. every few days another few infections reported. They will never let us out. I cant even go to buy decent food now they wont even let Villa Market deliver to here.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bluedan said:

thats devastating news

I am at Surin Beach 

We will be locked in here forever. every few days another few infections reported. They will never let us out. I cant even go to buy decent food now they wont even let Villa Market deliver to here.

Another update, 1 of the 2 latest females in Bang Tao worked in a 7/11.

• Sad 1