Covid-19: Thais returning to provinces for long weekend ignore government's restrictions

rooster59

Hey the people who were locked down in Phuket for how long, could not get across the

bridge to go to their home provinces, as the processing was so slow that the

authorities shut the bridge down. These people were not entering Thailand from some

foreign country, but what the heck, the process was so slow, so did not work at all.

Pathetic to say the least.

Geezer

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thais returning to provinces for long weekend ignore government's restrictions

Pack-up the "Charabanc Mother" were heading for the hills... "but what about the travel restrictions?
Nah there for other people not us, we're Thais they don't apply.

19 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Farang set example so Thais thought ok to do.

Can you show me where it says that thousands of farangs are returning to the provinces? Thanks. 

23 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

because the swedes worked together as a community and voluntarily followed the strict guidance issued by health authorities.

the swedish model will only work in a society that has some respect for "law 'n order" and consideration for people outside their immediate family.

Probably because the Swede's are governed by people they voted for!They don't have law and order here in Thailand so they can't follow it instead they follow the example set by those that rule.The n again perhaps the Thais with their disrespect for law and order have managed one of the best C19 outcomes in the world with a population 6 times that of Sweden and a death toll 1/50th of Sweden yet Sweden is the model suggested by the WHO to follow?Perhaps the Thai model should be adopted!

32 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Can you show me where it says that thousands of farangs are returning to the provinces? Thanks. 

It was actually a sarcastic remark as us farang usually get the blame for everything done wrong here.

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Like 1

Checkpoint LE Officer: Is this trip necessary?

Stopped Motorist: Absolutely, but let me check with the wife.

Checkpoint LE Officer: You may proceed then (waving next car on).

Gee, I wonder why there are several kilometers of idling vehicles.

19 hours ago, Shocked said:

Alright, Booze ban lifted, travel back to normal. Now all the drunk auto deaths can resume. Yea for Thailand! More deaths and any virus can cause. 

LOL. bah bah bah! ????  Yes the answer is we should all stay home forever in our bubbles and exist rather than live, we can already see how well that is going down and wearing on people. You stay safe under your rock, i'm going to go out and enjoy my life responsibly

19 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

It was actually a sarcastic remark as us farang usually get the blame for everything done wrong here.

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

A post that had a link to Bangkok Post and a reply has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

• Haha 1