Covid-19: Thais returning to provinces for long weekend ignore government's restrictions

rooster59

Meanwhile at the Hua Hin checkpoint, cars streaming in from Bangkok and police sitting in a roadside tent, on their phones and eating.  No temperature check or questions. Drive straight through. Virus is bound to spread unchecked

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Sure, and they have the money to pay the fines. :whistling:

Yet, i see locals ignoring the rules everyday, but we don't hear news of piling corpses at hospitals and crematoriums, so it could be fair to say that covid19 doesn't appear to be so dangerous in Thailand.

And get ARRESTED for going to the beach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommers said:

So we all get bitter and twisted about Thai people ignoring the government but no one comments about the idiotic behaviour of Americans in Florida, Georgia , California etc. Or Hong Kongers doing the same, or Japanese, or Germans! 

We here are not in Kansas anymore! Or are YOU?

Bye bye love
Bye bye sweet drunkiness (again)
Hello being booze-e-less (again)
I feel like I want to laugh and cry (again)

For me I will be well stocked up to ward off anxiety from their lack of IQ and idiotic disregard of having common sense. They can only blame themselves now.

What is the one thing that Thailand and every other country in the world needs? We've been told it time and time again haven't we. Herd immunity, the world need herd immunity.

Are we ever going to get to the stage of herd immunity by hiding away in social isolation and hoping that Covid 19 will just 'go away?' No we are not.

So here we have the first signs of break out, and the Thais are in the vanguard. Good on them.

What do we want?

Herd immunity.

When do we want it?

NOW!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Where are the traffic police when you need them?

same place as they usually are, well out of sight - but as a newbie you wouldn't be aware of that . now would you?

Many people try to obey the rules, some don't. It's the same all over the world. Yesterday evening went out for thirty minutes to get food. Most people wearing masks, some not, some sometimes because of phone, drinking, eating, smoking. Saw a few trucks of packed construction workers, not all wearing masks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Surprise surprise....

Thais have never been very good at following rules !!

And I will always beaten by reality.

I really expected it would not happen this year.

Even out here in the sticks there was an unusual amount of traffic on the highway towards Udon.

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Sure, and they have the money to pay the fines. :whistling:

Yet, i see locals ignoring the rules everyday, but we don't hear news of piling corpses at hospitals and crematoriums, so it could be fair to say that covid19 doesn't appear to be so dangerous in Thailand.

Perhaps the news about piling up corpses has been banned.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps the news about piling up corpses has been banned.

... Or perhaps there is no significant increase in flu death rates, who knows.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

People believe that the wuhan virus nightmare is over. Is it over yet????

Folk are starting to be wooed into a false sense of security due to the Gov,t rhetoric on the Virus.

Statements such as - Chinese Tourists to come to Chang Mai as soon as July Etc do nothing to stop people being stupid and raising their hopes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Folk are starting to be wooed into a false sense of security due to the Gov,t rhetoric on the Virus.

Statements such as - Chinese Tourists to come to Chang Mai as soon as July Etc do nothing to stop people being stupid and raising their hopes

They do not need any excuse to behave stupidly, it is built into Thai Culture, LAWS, they are for Farangs to obey , me I am Thai .Says it all really  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Surprise surprise....

Thais have never been very good at following rules !!

I disagree, they are very good at following there own rules, as they make them up as they go along.

1 minute ago, Almer said:

I disagree, they are very good at following there own rules, as they make them up as they go along.

How true:

in June 2014 we had the PM hating George Orwell's 1984, with those reading it charged with 'eating a sandwich with political intent'.
Yet more recently, he gave Animal Farm the thumbs up.

A post using content from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.