Condo pools opening?

toxictotoro

9 minutes ago, samtam said:

When I say "use pool", I mean swim in the water. Sitting around the pool is a social gathering, and I can understand that is not desirable.

You are right - there are people that jump into the water and swim every day. When I watch them from my balcony they always give me a bad feeling because I am too lazy to do the same ???? But there are also people gathering in the water. I think the latter group is a problem. But the days of Corona seem to be numbered - I would be patient. 

47 minutes ago, RBOP said:

I predict pools will be allowed open when gyms open. Maybe May 17th with luck. I expect (hope) there will be some restrictions also such as social distancing, frequent cleaning, limit the number of swimmers in pool at the same time, strict monitoring of chlorine levels etc.   Pools historically are notorious for outbreaks of all kinds of diseases and most commonly root cause was from improper or malfunctioning disinfection system.

Yes, chlorine can kill viruses but how long does it take to kill all the viruses/bacteria in a brown floaty, chunks in vomit, snot or blob of flem?  ????  Yuk. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

https://www.swimmingpool.com/coronavirus/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/05/03/can-covid-19-coronavirus-live-in-water-what-about-drinking-water-and-swimming/#3c04d8274360

https://www.ihrsa.org/improve-your-club/pool-hot-tub-sauna-safety-during-covid-19/#

Yes, there is and will continue to be the possibility of a risk. That is true of everything we are currently allowed to do, such as

- using a lift

- travelling in a taxi or Grab

- going to the supermarket etc

- getting a haircut

- using the BTS/MRT

- having food deliveries

- allowing any residential or non residential person into your apartment

etc etc.

I hope we can start to ease more, and the government is taking steps to do so, although it seems some activities are more high risk than others, and using a pool, (in a properly chlorinated water, with one or two other people) does not appear to be high.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, samtam said:

Yes, I understand that is what is happening; committees are deciding that the directives from the government are subject to interpretation. However, there are enforcement teams that will take a different view, probably only resulting in a warning initially. Violation of regulations may also delay the approved opening of facilities.

I don't think so. My committee got in touch with city hall and were told, "Up to you".

6 minutes ago, Oldie said:

You are right - there are people that jump into the water and swim every day. When I watch them from my balcony they always give me a bad feeling because I am too lazy to do the same ???? But there are also people gathering in the water. I think the latter group is a problem. But the days of Corona seem to be numbered - I would be patient. 

Use of the pool to swim my 1200m every other day has been my habit for the last 17 years. I shower, swim, shower and leave. There is rarely anybody else in or by the pool. The chlorine and pH levels are checked daily, and the pool is vacuumed regularly, even during this period of closure. When we re-open we will only allow swimming in the pool, and not permit use of sun loungers or sitting at tables in that area. We will also stipulate a maximum of 4 persons in the pool.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, samtam said:

(in a properly chlorinated water, with one or two other people) does not appear to be high.

Geese, I wish I had your pool. Come 6pm there would be a couple dozen screaming kids and parents running around and splashing about our pool.  

26 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Geese, I wish I had your pool. Come 6pm there would be a couple dozen screaming kids and parents running around and splashing about our pool.  

That's why I think there's a misunderstanding about what a pool is, (in the eyes of those making these arbitrary rules). Pools = what you have described or shock horror, people sitting around and enjoying themselves together. An absolute no-no???? in the current circumstances...(and from my own personal selfish perspective, any time).

• Like 1