Hot water for Bathtub

KurtCB

hi there,

I recently moved to a new house. The Bathroom of the Master-Bedroom has a bathtub but there is no warm water.

Pretty easy to solve this problem for a shower by installing a water heater. But what option do I have for a bathtub?
Hoping to get some opinions here but please don't suggest to install a water heater for the shower hose to fill up the bathtub with the shower head ????‍♂️.

By the way: the tap has signs for hot and cold water. When I turn the tab on to "hot", then no water is comming. On "cold" there is full water pressure.
Does this suggest that there are 2 water pipes?

Picture attached

thanks a lot in advance for your thoughts ????

Kurt

UPDATE: I just saw that all taps in the Master-Bathroom have a "hot and cold" label (bathrub, shower and the sink). The 3 other Bathrooms doesn't. There must be a reason that there is a different tapware in just one of the bathrooms, right?

bathtub.jpg

Edited by KurtCB

Is suggest that cold water pipe is connected. And nothing is connected to hot input on tap.

In farangland houses have two pipes (hot, cold). In Thailand it's just cold and when needed (eg in shower) this cold water is heated up by heater right in the bathroom. Solution would be take that cold water, connect it to heater and output then connect to tap (to the unconnected hot input).

• Thanks 1

My bath has two water outlets plus the electrical connection to install a water heater. Never bothered because we never use the bath, only the shower, which also has a water heater installed.

P1050863.JPG

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KurtCB said:

I just saw that all taps in the Master-Bathroom have a "hot and cold" label (bathrub, shower and the sink).

So there is a chance there is a water heater under the sink? If not can you access the piping behind the bathtub? 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My bath has two water outlets plus the electrical connection to install a water heater. Never bothered because we never use the bath, only the shower, which also has a water heater installed.

P1050863.JPG

I have the same under my sink, didn't know what it is though.
Problem solved, thanks mate!

If it's a rental fill from shower, if you brought install another heater and attach.

We got 300ltr solar our own house never run out even overcast days.

Also we have double spa which I like hot still have enough hot water. Has a booster but never used in 4 years.

Impossible to put your hand under hot when been running without mixing cold.

????????????

15 hours ago, KurtCB said:

I have the same under my sink, didn't know what it is though.
Problem solved, thanks mate!

Is there power there too?

If so it should be an easy job to hook in a water heater (watch the cable size if you go over 4.5kW). 

Note that one of those goes to the bath, the other has the mains water pressure behind it (that goes to the inlet of the heater) so turn off the water before removing either bung (I know, I know, but it wouldn't be the first time ...) .

He's using it for the bath? He needs minimum 6.5 kw maybe more, like 8 kW

3.5Kw is OK for Bangkok but up north the water is colder so need about 6.5 in the "winter".

I had a bathtub when i lived on Silom. Had under the sink heater. If I were to try and fill a bath now using my on-the-wall shower heater it would take ages and the bath would be tepid by the time i got to use it. I had a Stiebel unit but can't remember ever looking at the heat input.