USB 2TB flash drive

fvw53

The motto of " if it is too good to be true" hold very well when buying from 'that large online site' with a bit of twist being " if it is too good to be true it's probably <deleted> not worth buying"...

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

That may be true now but it sure was not a few years ago when I had such an issue (fake brand product) - I reported seller - they removed seller - they then advised as seller was not part of Ebay they could take no action.  That ended my Ebay use.

Then never buy at Lazada. I checked the SD cards there and obviously Lazada doesn't care at all if they are fakes. And obviously Lazada doesn't care about fake reviews / ratings too. VERY bad. I had my share of bad experience with Lazada already. One seller even sent me only an envelope instead of the product. Good that it was COD and I didn't accept it. Since that I only buy if the sender is a well known company. 

One more surprising experience with SD cards. Some days ago I bought a 128 GB SanDisk Extreme SD card. Reading speed up to 160 MB. But the real speed was around 90 MB. So I tried to find out why. To cut a long story short there are A1 and A2 cards. The 128 GB A1 is much cheaper but the reading speed is about 90 MB too. Writing was slower at my tedts. To get the 160 MB at the A2 card you will need a special card reader. SanDisk sells them. If I knew this before I would have bought the cheaper A1 card (SanDisc 128 GB Ultra instead of the Extreme). 

On 5/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I have one of these (Below) is a SanDisk Portable 1TB SSD

Its now 6000 baht on Lazada

I'd be very skeptical about something 'too good to be true'

Lazada has these 2TB Flash drives for <200 baht.

Someone is surely telling 'porkie-pies' do you really believe these drives have anything bigger than 2GB

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 14.18.53.png

I've bought several 16/32/64 GB drives from various sellers on Lazada over the years without a problem. This was based on the seller's rating and of course the price of the thumb drives. Two larger ones (128GB) I bought also have worked without problem to their full potential. For typical price comparison they were:

Last April: Samsung 128GB BAR Plus USB3.1 Flash Drive 200MB/s last April for 1099 baht

This April: Kingston 128GB Data Traveler from JIB for 589 baht

However, as with Richard's post, the price is a dead give away and should immediately set off the alarm bells. But further to that, check out the reviews, and the number of people reviewing to give 4 1/2 stars for each product. A lot of naive folks out there.................:thumbsup:

1774297514_flashdrives.jpg.fe61402349ad0da486f563b3e290c2b7.jpg