Aviators gradually resume flights in and out of nation

geovalin

More regional airlines have begun to slowly reinstate flights to Cambodia’s international airports this month – under strict biosecurity guidelines – as the industry attempts to desperately revive itself from its worst period in aviation history. Cambodia Angkor Air, China Air and Eva Air all reinstated flight routes into Phnom Penh International Airport at the start of this month. Flying from Ho Chi Minh’s Tan Son Nhat International Airport and Taiwan’s Taoyuan International Airport – as both Vietnam and Taiwan reopened their borders to foreign travel.

Other major airlines such as, Qatar Airways, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways and Emirates are also scheduling for flights to resume to Cambodia in June and July this year, coinciding with their main departure points also planning to reinstate international flight paths. However, airlines that have decided to restart routes have also implemented strict biosecurity conditions during the flights to follow with reports of passengers having to undergo “on the spot” blood tests, as well as, wearing personal protection wear with staff seen dressed in full bio suits.

Khmer Times spoke with an Emirates representative because the carrier plans to resume flight in June has introduced on-site rapid finger <deleted> tests for the virus at its Dubai Airport Terminal which can produce results in under 10 minute. In addition, the carrier requires passengers to wear their own masks when at the airport and on board the aircraft, and follow social distancing guidelines.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50719906/aviators-gradually-resume-flights-in-and-out-of-nation/

But this has nothing to do with Thailand.  The headline implies that flights are running from Thailand.  In fact all international commercial flights are banned for the whole of May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HHTel said:

But this has nothing to do with Thailand.  The headline implies that flights are running from Thailand.  In fact all international commercial flights are banned for the whole of May.

The OP is saying they are scheduled for June and July. Of course, being scheduled and actually happening is a different story. The ban may very well be continued here and elsewhere. I purchased a June 1 China Airlines ticket to Taipei in my desperation to leave here and get there (I bungled my attempt to exit in March 18 when Taiwan shut down). The BKK office said they don't know if the flights will take place and were advising people to wait until the end of this month to purchase (like 4 days before). I asked her is it 50/50 and she said yes, but I think she just wanted to say something positive and not say probably not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HHTel said:

This is in the Cambodia News section............

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

This is in the Cambodia News section............

Yes, but Thai cannot fly there if international travel is still shuttered. Same for EVA; it seems unlikely they will fly outbound to cambo without having inbound returns as well especially with transit still banned in Taiwan.

Interesting quote from the article "Khmer Times spoke with an Emirates representative because the carrier plans to resume flight in June has introduced on-site rapid finger <deleted> tests for the virus at its Dubai Airport Terminal which can produce results in under 10 minute. In addition, the carrier requires passengers to wear their own masks when at the airport and on board the aircraft, and follow social distancing guidelines." This is the kind of test that will help air travel to resume.

36 minutes ago, HHTel said:

This site uses advertising revenue for an income stream which is more profitable with user clicks etc.

Therefore some items border on clickbait and push the limits of accuracy and authenticity along with the daily statements often of factual flatulence from various ministers which do however frequently encourage ridicule, debate and pure disbelief .....hence plenty of clicks! job done.

Edited by sapson

4 minutes ago, dastardlyDan said:

you got a link with info for that?

Seems unlikely yet. Maybe next month or July. No tickets to Taiwan this month, but are on sale starting June 1st. However both EVA and China Airlines BKK offices have said uncertain if it will be allowed and ban may continue.

26 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Seems unlikely yet. Maybe next month or July. No tickets to Taiwan this month, but are on sale starting June 1st. However both EVA and China Airlines BKK offices have said uncertain if it will be allowed and ban may continue.

thanks but am interested in vietnam

2 minutes ago, dastardlyDan said:

thanks but am interested in vietnam

You could probably check online to see if tickets are on sale for next month, but of course that doesn't mean the flights will happen. Try an airline other than Thai.

Edited by vermin on arrival

24 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

You could probably check online to see if tickets are on sale for next month, but of course that doesn't mean the flights will happen. Try an airline other than Thai.

am not in thailand. have been to airline sites, all the same they <deleted> u off before you get anywhere near getting info from them always been like that. i figure their bigger brothers hack them

4 hours ago, HHTel said:

Quote:-

"Cambodia’s international airports this month"

If you read the post it clearly states Cambodia. Yes, Cambodia is taking a positive initiative whilst draconian Thailand still dithers. Here life goes on as usual - shopping, banking, bars and restaurants still serving alcohol. No curfew. Face masks not mandatory (many do not wear, including me). Temperature taken and hand sanitizing at banks, supermarkets and pharmacies. Social distancing more or less now non existent. Inter provicial travel still restricted. At 76 and an insulin dependent diabetic who is also overweight and has to take medication for blood pressure, I am regarded as "high risk". But NO, I still enjoy my retirement in good health and for the past 3 months my temperature has been within the range 36 to 37 (normal)! - HERD IMMUNITY???

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, vermin on arrival said:

Interesting quote from the article "Khmer Times spoke with an Emirates representative because the carrier plans to resume flight in June has introduced on-site rapid finger <deleted> tests for the virus at its Dubai Airport Terminal which can produce results in under 10 minute. In addition, the carrier requires passengers to wear their own masks when at the airport and on board the aircraft, and follow social distancing guidelines." This is the kind of test that will help air travel to resume.

Makes no sense as the only blood tests I am aware iof detect antibodies. So people with active disease, if still ealry stages, will be negative and perfectly healthy people who had and fully recovered from COVID will test positive.

I am also baffled by the article making it sound like there are flights already coming in - as far as I know Cambodia still bans all incoming international travelers unless diplomats or holders o official (B) visa, does anyone know differently? Not issuing tourist visas yet AFAIK.

Also as far as I have heard land borders are all still closed?

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Makes no sense as the only blood tests I am aware iof detect antibodies. So people with active disease, if still ealry stages, will be negative and perfectly healthy people who had and fully recovered from COVID will test positive.

I think that is the whole idea Sheryl. Only those with positive IgG/IgM antibody tests (or presumably have been vaccinated when/if that is ever a possibility) are going to be allowed to fly.

That is the whole idea behind the new "health passport" scheme that so many people are complaining about. It will create 2 tiers of humans. Those that have immunity and are allowed to travel, and those that are not yet immune and are locked down.

So people currently negative for COVID and not previously infected will nto be allowed to fly?  That is easily 90% or more of people from the countries they plan to allow in.

Outside of hot spots (which are altogether forbidden to enter Cambodia) antibody prevalence is only 5-10%, less in areas with few cases.

Does not seem very practical.

Also, people with antibodies may still be shedding the virus if the infection was recent enough.