Biden's edge evaporates as Trump seen as better suited for economy, coronavirus response: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan. If you're gonna lose an election, why not do it with an old, useless thug who's been wrong on virtually every major issue for 40+ years?

If they start getting outraged about the sex assault thing you know they have changed their minds again.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bendejo said:

Haven't you figured out yet that "everyone is saying" is Trumpspeak for "I just pulled this out of my butt"  ?

Hey, let's hear about this coup.  Was this on Fox?

Well they answered .......It was on Fox , and also on Breibart. Unfortunately I asked for actual facts not links to a right wing nutters fantasy magazine, and a TV channel that is the media's answer to rabies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, phkauf said:

If the economy is back on track soon

Correct me if I'm wrong, to date I have yet to read the trump administration policy on how they propose to address the national debt debt, currently approx $25 trillion which is around 108% of GDP, Occurs to me many are claiming trump will fix the economy without any policy to back up the claims.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Which explains why a red wave is crashing over California and Wisconsin? You are aware of this, right? They dems can't even win elections in their own nirvana, this will be sending shock waves through the dem elite as reality sets in. Shame no threads on this and all the major news over the last few days (WSJ story proving Schiff had no proof of Russia collusion, it was all a lie, and the subsequent waste of 3 years probably worth a thread too) .

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/13/wisconsin-california-republicans-congressional-special-election

Red wave - LOL From your link...

In Wisconsin, the Republican Tom Tiffany notched an easy victory, in a reliably red district. In California, early results indicated the Republican Mike Garcia is on track to retake a seat that Democrats had flipped in 2018. Both seats will be up for election again in November. The California vote was based almost entirely on mailed-in ballots

If trump has his way with yet another conspiracy effort no more mail-in????

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Which explains why a red wave is crashing over California and Wisconsin? You are aware of this, right? They dems can't even win elections in their own nirvana, this will be sending shock waves through the dem elite as reality sets in. Shame no threads on this and all the major news over the last few days (WSJ story proving Schiff had no proof of Russia collusion, it was all a lie, and the subsequent waste of 3 years probably worth a thread too) .

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/13/wisconsin-california-republicans-congressional-special-election

In Wisconsin, previous Republican won by 22 points. This one won by 14.

• Confused 3

More trouble for Joe Biden: his favorable rating has gone underwater with women in wake of the story of him assaulting Tara Reade coming out. As more people start paying more attention to the election, more will come out about Joe Biden. None of it is favorable. He's been a bag man and bankster puppet for decades.

200511_Biden-Net-Favorability_fullwidth.

https://morningconsult.com/2020/05/11/biden-popularity-reade-allegations-polling/

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 3:51 AM, simple1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, to date I have yet to read the trump administration policy on how they propose to address the national debt debt, currently approx $25 trillion which is around 108% of GDP, Occurs to me many are claiming trump will fix the economy without any policy to back up the claims.

Did you concern yourself about it in 2016??? 

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, simple1 said:

Negative interest rates on US Treasuries.

10 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Negative interest rates on US Treasuries.

Thanks. Aside from Treasuries, currently looks like Federal Reserve will not go down the path of negative yields as demanded by trump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/05/13/fed-chair-rules-out-negative-interest-rates-which-trump-wants-and-expects-unemployment-to-peak-next-month/#13182fbb45f2

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Thanks. Aside from Treasuries, currently looks like Federal Reserve will not go down the path of negative yields as demanded by trump.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/05/13/fed-chair-rules-out-negative-interest-rates-which-trump-wants-and-expects-unemployment-to-peak-next-month/#13182fbb45f2

I think you'll probably see it by next year. I don't know how well subscribed it would be, but it would portend a deflationary environment, while eveyone's currently thinking inflation from all the current fiscal spending.

13 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Voters under 40 of all races don't like him and now he's prepared to forfeit a group of voters Bernie had an absolute lock on. It would take a pretty good argument to convince me the Democrats are not taking a dive in this election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-campaign-doesnt-consider-latinos-143056489.html

It's a strong possibility. George HW Bush was the only incumbent to not be reelected in the past 40 years. And even then, we have to consider he was a Republican like his predecessor. Being an incumbent is a HUGE advantage. And while I certainly won't deny there is strong dislike of Trump, we should also consider FDR was reelected several times, including during the height of the Great Depression.

If any political party thinks they are going to lose, why not lose with the wing of the party they want to put out to pasture? I'm quite certain the DNC would prefer to lose with a Joe Biden over a Bernie Sanders. Bernie's only disadvantage is his age. Other than that, I think his platform is precisely where the DNC wants to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I think you need to distinguish between the DNC and the rank and file Democrats. I think Bernie's/Yang's platform is where the membership wants to go but the party leadership and DNC wants to go where the donors are and many of the donors are indifferent whether or not a Dem or Rep wins, as long as THEY win. That's why many of the proposals coming out of the Dem led House look as though a Rep majority could have written them and that only gives license to a Rep led Senate to go even further to the right when negotiating with the House on legislation. The progressives in the House hold zero power and are unwilling to fight their own party. Term limits is probably the only solution.

You are absolutely right on distinguishing between the DNC and rank and file. Good catch, thanks!

Biden's edge will keep evaporating unless his handlers keep him away from the microphone. His performance yesterday was worrying, he was totally confused and disorientated. Looks to me like he needs some serenity and somewhere comfortable to rest.

Sorry to link to the Daily Mail again, but it would appear youtube has hidden the footage, and is only showing other clips. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8322127/Bumbling-Biden-claims-85-000-jobs-lost-millions-Americans-died.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Term limits is probably the only solution.

Agreed. Up to me it'd be two weeks, but...........................

Given that term limits would need to be brought about by the very people that want to stay in politics for ever it's unlikely to happen. Better than working for a living.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agreed. Up to me it'd be two weeks, but...........................

Given that term limits would need to be brought about by the very people that want to stay in politics for ever it's unlikely to happen. Better than working for a living.

You have to exempt all those who would vote on a term limits Bill. Then let attrition take it's course.

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Biden's edge will keep evaporating unless his handlers keep him away from the microphone. His performance yesterday was worrying, he was totally confused and disorientated. Looks to me like he needs some serenity and somewhere comfortable to rest.

Sorry to link to the Daily Mail again, but it would appear youtube has hidden the footage, and is only showing other clips. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8322127/Bumbling-Biden-claims-85-000-jobs-lost-millions-Americans-died.html

You better hope this isnt true. All the calls from trump asking russia to hack hillary may be coming home to roost.

As for your link on biden, i think you would find it a lot harder to provide a link to show trump telling the truth.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/donald-trump-dark-web-hackers-private-data-dirty-laundry-hacked-usa-politics/fa6e5c54-a9c1-4f76-b939-c596058a8756

Edited by Sujo

11 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Even with CNN and others giving Biden the questions in advance (which is VERY likely to happen), I don't see how Biden does well in the debates. Memorizing flash cards, standing for two hours, still having to think on his feet. I don't see it happening. Of course, the media will do everything they can to spin for Biden, but there's only so much even they can do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, teatree said:

Biden is such a woeful candidate that the only logical conclusion is that he is just keeping the seat warm for late entry by someone like Hillary, M Obama or Oprah.

Of those three, IMO only HRC would want to take the abuse to follow in hopes of gaining the big seat. I'd like to see her try though.