Extraction Sequel In The Works

snoop1130

Extraction Sequel In The Works

By James White

extraction-2.jpg

Given that – according to the streaming service's notoriously opaque figures – Extraction has been a bigger hit for Netflix than some of the face-punches Chris Hemsworth's Tyler Rake delivers to baddies, it's not a shock to learn that the pieces are falling into place for a sequel, with news that producer/co-writer Joe Russo has made a deal to crank out another script.

The first film, of course, adapted Andre Parks and Fernando Leon Gonzalez' graphic novel Ciudad, and there are zero details about what angle the new movie would take besides a hoped-for return engagement with Hemsworth.

No other deals are in place, but the Russos (Joe produced the film with brother Anthony via their AGBO company) are aiming to bring Hemsworth back and have debut director (and stunt legend) Sam Hargrave return.

"The deal is closed for me to write Extraction 2, and we are in the formative stages of what the story can be,” Joe Russo tells Deadline. 

Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/extraction-sequel-chris-hemsworth-joe-russo/

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Quite tedious and a miserable watch given it was India,

I thought it was in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Nasty looking <deleted>ehole in any case.

I liked the action, went well with cold beer in hand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I thought it was in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Nasty looking <deleted>ehole in any case.

I liked the action, went well with cold beer in hand.

Also in Ahmedabad and Mumbai in India before relocating to different provinces in Thailand (Places like Ban Pong, Ratchaburi and Nakhon Pathom).

12 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I watched it, in segments, it was too much with all the shooting and one guy surviving all the way through.

Quite tedious and a miserable watch given it was India,

Strike Back the TV show after 6 series became equally tedious whereas before it had some story.

Don't forget the 'Strike Back' constant nudity and sex scenes (after season one) when 'Skinimax' bought the franchise.

Then it got all politically correct with the 'Tom' strong, independent Australian? woman for the last 2 seasons and the sex disappeared.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It was a really bad movie with bad actors and ugly women.

The sequels are always worse.

Australian and Indian actors ...... generally the worst in the world.

Missing Benny Hill?

I liked Extraction, a lot. (Subtitles a bit of an issue, would be nice if you could run Englsih and Thai simultanoeulsy).

Yes, the "John Wick-ian" body count was excessive.

There is an impressive 12-minute pseudo-"oner" (edited in the dark sequences).

https://www.looper.com/206217/the-untold-truth-of-extractions-12-minute-one-shot-sequence/

A lot of it was filmed here in Thailand back in January, 2019.

Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani (Nik) was awesome, IMO.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Russel Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Hugo Weaving, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Jackie Weaver just to name a few, but don't let your prejudices affect your comments.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I watched it, in segments, it was too much with all the shooting and one guy surviving all the way through.

I watched the same way. In fact still have 10 minutes left. Too much 'knowing', somehow, he would survive, yes, I felt the same. And his friend saving them, then betraying them. Sad.

(Would I kill for 10 mil) ???? Hmmm, I still believe in Hell and don't want to go there. Oh wait my wife says that's where I'm going already (and she's Buddhist).

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm not biting.....