Malls and department stores set to open on May 17th, suggests insider

webfact

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The US, UK lie about their number sure. So much.

Thailand not 100 dead. Good job. Care each other.

True enough. Lying about the numbers everywhere. Disrespecting their countrymen everywhere, because refusing to wear masks, not keeping your distance, gathering in large (protest) groups are all disrespectful behaviors. 

What's going on in Western countries? They cannot control themselves for 2 or 3 months? It's just unbelievable. And I say this as a Westerner.

"Care each other." Yes. Exactly.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I am still wondering how this is possible. 

Outside I get on the ARL and MRT, around 16:00 they are quite full, already for a week or 2. There are lines everywhere in Thailand to maintain social distancing, but there are always people who get close anyway, e.g. 7eleven can't follow social distancing seen the size. It seems like any other day other than it is a bit quiet. Apart from that, I often catch myself touching my face still in public, or home even when I forgot to wash my hands. If one person should have had Covid, it was me. 

Now look at the USA... From what I've heard, people there stay home in a lockdown and everyone dies.... 

I'm not really certain about if it's as bad as the media tells you. 

I also wonder about a certain law they want to push through which forces everyone to wear a mask outside from now on... Anyone an idea on how that would be the 'new normal' as what they call?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

malls and shopping centers and the shops within them could reopen for trade on May 17th

And who will be shopping with no tourists here in Pattaya? 

Open condo pools and gyms and let the full time residents be the guinea pigs 

Or is that phase 3 ?

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Gotalaugh said:

Take a little time to think why there are so few cases here and why it hasn't got out of hand so far. Then have a look at countries where it has got out of hand and think why could that possibly have happened. Then consider which situation you would rather be in now and has it been worth it.

Have we completely forgot that this is not all because people are wearing MASKS!! There are SO many other factors here. WOW!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, onekoolguy said:

Well there is 3 new cases today, only 1 of which was in country the other 2 were from guys in quarantine on reentry of the country. So 68 million people have to be treated like children and told every move to make? So what happens when regular flu season happens in a few months?

Makes no sense? 

Or you could live in NYC, lol. The USA is a mess and it's going to get much worse, because of their "rights and freedoms" won't be impinged. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, WcCaptain said:

Have we completely forgot that this is not all because people are wearing MASKS!! There are SO many other factors here. WOW!! 

Masks don't do a lot once the barn door has been left open too long. Most mask wearing countries have done a lot better than those who don't. But yes there are other factors. Heat and sunlight were reported today to significantly decrease the viability of the virus. Been outside lately? Most Thais - those without aircond, tend to stay outside, albeit in shade, in this season, and not couped up in small apratments like many Europeans. Probably not for quite some time will it become aparent what the most important factors are. 

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

I am still wondering how this is possible. 

Outside I get on the ARL and MRT, around 16:00 they are quite full, already for a week or 2. There are lines everywhere in Thailand to maintain social distancing, but there are always people who get close anyway, e.g. 7eleven can't follow social distancing seen the size. It seems like any other day other than it is a bit quiet. Apart from that, I often catch myself touching my face still in public, or home even when I forgot to wash my hands. If one person should have had Covid, it was me. 

Now look at the USA... From what I've heard, people there stay home in a lockdown and everyone dies.... 

I'm not really certain about if it's as bad as the media tells you. 

I also wonder about a certain law they want to push through which forces everyone to wear a mask outside from now on... Anyone an idea on how that would be the 'new normal' as what they call?

Yesterday, the NYC govenor reported that 83% (sample about 1000 people) of those who contracted the virus were generally retired or unemployed and stayed at home. They were predominantly not working, not travelling, staying at home, older, or non-essential workers. It sounds like a lot of the infection is actually occurring in the home - perhaps asymptomatic family members are bringing it home. There was less evidence of infection occuing in the subway or othe public transport.  There is still a lot to learn about this virus. 

8 hours ago, Why Me said:

Report from Century Mall near VM this evening:

Temperature check to go in. Everyone's masked so assume that's required.

Restaurants on the first floor all open for takeaway and delivery. Hordes of motosai guys sitting in front. Tops in the basement open as are some of the phone shops. Second floor pharmacies open. Banks? Don't recall.

I was inside SCB at the mall on May 1st because my monthly deposit was late because of Thai Labor Day. The banks are business as usual but you can’t eat inside a restaurant which is the only restriction here. Although as of May 5th I believe it was probably sooner than that actually the healthy restaurant around the corner from our house was open for eat in again!!! ???? But I haven’t been to the mall since May 1st. We’ve been to the mall 3 times in the last 6 weeks no problem. But now restaurants are opening again.

Although things inside the mall are slow because they are being extremely careful. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Malls and department stores set to open on May 17th, suggests insider

Start of the new normality... good for the workers who need to get some cash flow going again.

17 hours ago, Gotalaugh said:

More like useful in preventing the spread like hasn't happened in many western countries. The results speak for themselves. It's got nothing to do with your nationality, just plain common sense precautions.

Well, the results may do many things, but speaking for themselves isn't one of them.

Still, it's a free world we're all free to believe what we choose to believe.

Usually better not to conflate one's beliefs with facts though... life's confusing enough as it is.

Edited by ParkerN

"The reopening would be dependent on the continuing improvement in the coronavirus figures..."

But, what the <deleted> are the coronavirus figures dependent on? Not testing as they still aren't doing much and of the tests being performed, only a small percentage of the results are being officially reported.

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

And who will be shopping with no tourists here in Pattaya? 

Open condo pools and gyms and let the full time residents be the guinea pigs 

Or is that phase 3 ?

???? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Or you could live in NYC, lol. The USA is a mess and it's going to get much worse, because of their "rights and freedoms" won't be impinged. 

Who’s reopening with no more new cases. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WcCaptain said:

Exactly, we haven’t really worn masks that much outside since it started except for inside a few stores. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Xaxx said:

Yes but there’s at least one judge in the United States who has some explaining to do!!! 

The Judge in Texas who put that woman in jail for doing her job and trying to feed her kids? 

• Like 1

Re-opening ????????????????????

I truly respect everyone’s opinions about the shoulders, coulders, and woulders, on how things are being done. 

We are guess in this country and they don’t need nor want outsiders opinions or suggestions when it comes to anything.

Understand the history of Asia, the rich control everything and the poor follow. They only give the poor enough money to live day by day.  Those that do make more don’t know how to save some for rainy day. ????????????????☹️

Let them open up everything even though the threat is still out there. All you got to do is stay away. Protect yourself at all times until you are sure it safe to open your doors again.

It only takes one person to get you infected, and that person is you. You do know the different between common sense and no common sense. We already know they don’t.  

So when your friends ask you why you not out and about? Tell them that you taking measures into your own hand by protecting yourself until you know it’s safe to join them again. 

Don’t let Asia fate and luck be your pain and sorrow. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

Re-opening ????????????????????

I truly respect everyone’s opinions about the shoulders, coulders, and woulders, on how things are being done. 

We are guess in this country and they don’t need nor want outsiders opinions or suggestions when it comes to anything.

Understand the history of Asia, the rich control everything and the poor follow. They only give the poor enough money to live day by day.  Those that do make more don’t know how to save some for rainy day. ????????????????☹️

Let them open up everything even though the threat is still out there. All you got to do is stay away. Protect yourself at all times until you are sure it safe to open your doors again.

It only takes one person to get you infected, and that person is you. You do know the different between common sense and no common sense. We already know they don’t.  

So when your friends ask you why you not out and about? Tell them that you taking measures into your own hand by protecting yourself until you know it’s safe to join them again. 

Don’t let Asia fate and luck be your pain and sorrow. 

????  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well they are wearing gloves and pharmacist coats, with face shields as well, so who knows what they are doing.  I do know that their is a sort of spray station you walk through before you get a squirt of sanitizer on your hands and you enter the store.  OTT maybe just a little, but it sure made me feel that they not only had there safety in mind but yours as well...

Sounds a little OTT, but better that than nothing.