Interior Paint - colour charts

fondue zoo

Does anyone know where you might find a paint supplier that has take home colour charts in Bangkok?

Two suppliers contacted so far only want to sell a B900 brochure but couldn't confirm if it included comparison charts.

You would be lucky to get a "fan chart' with "THOUSANDS OF COLOR SWATCHES", to take home unless you were a known customer of a builders merchants store or independent paint store. Paint company Brochures wiht a few dozen colors are free and every store has them to hand out. The "fan chart" has been loaned to me by my Nippon paint dealer in Buriram. He only had two in the store so I made good on my promise to return the chart the next day. 

Buriram TOA Paint staff now Nippon Paint employee.JPG

Buriram professional Nippon House Painters.jpg

Edited by kamalabob2

I have never seen a useful purpose for those color charts/strips/etc.  OK maybe it's my dominant left brain but I don't see how anyone can look at a little sample within the context of their home and "know" that's the one.  I understand their use in eventually picking a color, but why take it home?  In any case, it had better be your domestic partner that does the picking if you want to have a happy life.  ????

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

I have never seen a useful purpose for those color charts/strips/etc. 

Reasonably simple use. The lighting changes the colour so if you want to match/contrast some important item then they can let you make a better choice.

If however you want to pick a colour then the smallest container you can get then paint a ½ metre square of each choice, the problem with that is you are much more limited to your choice as the smallest mix to order colour is probably 2.5L so you need a place to use the colours you don’t select.

10 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Thanks, in this case not picking a colour to paint a new wall. The 2 year old got hold of mum's mascara and decided to do some cave wall painting.

I require the chart to match the colour that already exists.

Suggestion, download a color analyser app, plenty of them, use the app on your phone to determine the color code of the paint on the wall, then take that number to the paint store and get paint made exact number.

11 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Thanks, in this case not picking a colour to paint a new wall. The 2 year old got hold of mum's mascara and decided to do some cave wall painting.

That is exactly why we keep a small supply of the colours we used and also use a paint supply shop that keeps a record of paints and colours they have supplied to us.

12 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Scrape a chip off and take it with you...

In the end that is what I did. Now waiting on HomePro to reopen normal operation. The store retrieval service isn't exactly streamlined, the staff were taking up to 3 or 4 attempts to obtain the correct product for customers when we last visited.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:35 PM, fondue zoo said:

Did you try to get it off with makeup remover?  Or even try some olive oil

2 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

In the end that is what I did. Now waiting on HomePro to reopen normal operation. The store retrieval service isn't exactly streamlined, the staff were taking up to 3 or 4 attempts to obtain the correct product for customers when we last visited.

Homepro & Global House in Udon are open though the number of customers are limited.

Edited by sometimewoodworker