I Need Helps

I got two questions. Can somebody help?

1. I came to Thailand on March 1st with tourist visa from US. What I plan to do is have an extension with 1900 baht fee on May 1st. Then I will have 3 stamps on June 1st, July 1st, and August 1st. Then go to Penang for tourist visa. Then repeat the same things. Is it ok?

2. I read it here that I need onward ticket when I have my passport stamped. Can I just show them a ticket to neighbouring country, say singapore on September 1st, when I go have it stamped on June 1st? Then they know I will do 3 stamps.

Please help. Thanks

<br />I got two questions. Can somebody help?<br /><br />1. I came to Thailand on March 1st with tourist visa from US. What I plan to do is have an extension with 1900 baht fee on May 1st. Then I will have 3 stamps on June 1st, July 1st, and August 1st. Then go to Penang for tourist visa. Then repeat the same things. Is it ok?<br /><br />2. I read it here that I need onward ticket when I have my passport stamped. Can I just show them a ticket to neighbouring country, say singapore on September 1st, when I go have it stamped on June 1st? Then they know I will do 3 stamps.<br /><br />Please help. Thanks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Supposedly the ticket must depart within 30 days but as with everything it is inconsistently applied.

You can even make electronic ticket by yourself. Nobody checks it.

And I think you can stay on tourist visas and extensions how long you want. I mean in my case nobody asked me anything during last 7 months period. I already got 5 tourist visas (valid for 1 month - I am not from "1st basket countries) and did 2 extensions. And I have about "one million" stamps in my passport already :o

No it will not work because the period is six months so the total time will not be enough to reset the six month clock using visa/visa exempt x3. There will likely have to be an extra extension of stay for 7 days or a few days spent outside of Thailand.

That ticket must be real or you risk real jail time as the use of fraudulent paperwork is a serious crime here (as some former teachers have found out the hard way). You are also very likely to be required to show 10k baht on each entry.

Just to also not beware on using the TV from March 1 to May 1.. Its 60 days not 2 months and counts your entry and exit days.

As said above technically you need a exit flight inside the period for each of your 30 day stamps.

Not that I am aware of.. My local immigration processes 30 days extension on non imm's and TV's and 7 days on 30 day visa exempt stamps.. None require a flight ticket.

My local office may not be the same as your local office..

One more guy needing advice on this:

1) How about a tourist visa for 60 days? Are you still required to have a return ticket/booking?

2) If so, could the ticket out of Thailand then be to a friendly neighbouring country where one could get a new single entry TV, and not a $1200 ticket to Europe for nothing?

3) Final Q: Anyone heard about a Thai engagement visa? I am planning to marry a local girl, but can not do that on current stay, has to be on next stay. In my country (Norway) that plan would probably earn me a 6 month "non-immigrant" visa to follow through on my plan. Anything similar in Thailand?

Thanx!

1) How about a tourist visa for 60 days? Are you still required to have a return ticket/booking?

2) If so, could the ticket out of Thailand then be to a friendly neighbouring country where one could get a new single entry TV, and not a $1200 ticket to Europe for nothing?

3) Final Q: Anyone heard about a Thai engagement visa? I am planning to marry a local girl, but can not do that on current stay, has to be on next stay. In my country (Norway) that plan would probably earn me a 6 month "non-immigrant" visa to follow through on my plan. Anything similar in Thailand?

Thanx!

It seems if you get a TV from a neighboring country you don't have to worry about having a departure ticket. This seems to be the best thing to do. Oddly though I had to show one ( roundtrip ticket ) to get my TV at the Thai Embassy here in the US.

There is no special arrangements for a visa if you are engaged in Thailand as far as I know. Once you are married you can get the non-imm.

Thanx!

1. It depends where you apply for your TV. generaly no ticket is required but requirements do change. Penang seems to be easy with an agent and there you will know in advance if you need a ticket as you probably will use an agent.

2. Yes it is an air ticket out of Thailand (to anywhere)

3. Never heard of an 'engagement visa' but in your own country you probably would get a Non-Im 'O' visa forthis purpose. Check with your local Embassy for their requirements.

'Oddly though I had to show one ( roundtrip ticket ) to get my TV at the Thai Embassy here in the US. '

could you please mention where exactly in the usa you were asked for an outgoing from thailand?

emassay? consolate?

TY in advance