Need notebook repair, please recommend. Live Bangna

beherenow888

I live in Bangna on the Samut Prakan / Bangkok border and I need my HP notebook repaired.   It's out of warranty and I used to go to Seacon square basement for most computer things that I needed but I don't even know if the mall is open now maybe these guys are all at home lockeddown.  So if anyone can recommend a repair guy or gal I would really appreciate it.

I'll describe what happened, it's very strange, the keyboard has stopped responding in the normal way. You push a key nothing happens on most keys and the the light on the shift key won’t shut off.  So, I've gotten around this by using a USB keyboard temporarily, everything else works fine. I'm not sure what happened I'm suspecting ants maybe went inside because I've had trouble with ants loving to go inside the computer and I don't always catch them maybe 1 fried a circuit or something.  i'm not sure.  But I can't spend a fortune I need someone to diagnose it and see if it's affordable fixing the keyboard function.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Edited by CharlieH
Format corrected.

I have to admit to not liking HP consumer laptops at all. Which is why I NEVER recommend them.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04996189

Doesn't even mention that in order to replace the keyboard, you have to replace the whole top cover.

I could be wrong, but to me it looks an absolute disaster of a design.

This is the part number you need if it comes to replacement; 829305-281

You'll find the part number on page 15 of the manual. US version may be more easily found; 829305-001

Perhaps from around US$60. But then there is the fitting, which is where you have your issue.

HP Service centre may not want to fit a generic part not purchased from themselves.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 10:50 AM, Orton Rd said:

Used to be a repair shop at the Parkland condo opp Nation tower

Thanks, I used to live there and he now works exclusively for one company.    It's too bad.   Convenient.  Sorry for delay, notifications were off.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, Eindhoven said:

I have to admit to not liking HP consumer laptops at all. Which is why I NEVER recommend them.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04996189

Doesn't even mention that in order to replace the keyboard, you have to replace the whole top cover.

I could be wrong, but to me it looks an absolute disaster of a design.

This is the part number you need if it comes to replacement; 829305-281

You'll find the part number on page 15 of the manual. US version may be more easily found; 829305-001

Perhaps from around US$60. But then there is the fitting, which is where you have your issue.

HP Service centre may not want to fit a generic part not purchased from themselves.

Thanks, sorry for the delay.  Notifications were off.     I will check.  Since then, I did find a repair guy.  I recommend him.   He is an aussie named Gordan and lives near Onnut bts.   I went to him and he opened the case and we confirmed ants had been inside and somehow shorted out the keyboard.  It looks as if the keyboard could be replaced without top part.

Also, HP service, whom I had called emailed me a quote to replace the keyboard and top cover.  Unbelievable.  8700 bt!  I decided to purchase a desktop computer for now for about the same price and I am just using a usb keyboard with the notebook.

hp quote.png

Yes, well this is pretty high end model.  Cost me more than 40000baht.  It's actually performed very well for me but next time I want one that can separate into a tablet like the zenbook, I think.  And I will buy lots of ant spray!