Contact-Tracing

ramrod711

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I was at the Big C mall just off the super highway today, I went to Home Pro, stood in a socially distanced line and provided my name and phone number. It's the first time that I have encountered this. 

when did homepro open ? 

2 minutes ago, mr mr said:

must be nice.

The clamps never seemed to be applied full throttle in Chiang Rai. Some restaurants never closed, some golf courses stayed open. I understand it was much more stringent in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Did you give them your real information? Was ID requested?

I would have told them I was Tommy Tutone and my number was 867-5309....  ???? 

I did give them my real information, there were 5 Thai people in front of me and they were all asked to write their names and phone numbers in a book. The only reason I commented on it was because I've heard of it happening in other countries but not here. Before we left home my wife said that I should take my passport, I asked why I would need a passport to buy light bulbs. Turned out I didn't but I understand now why she thought I might.

21 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I asked why I would need a passport to buy light bulbs. 

Unless things have changed I thought it was a requirement to have your passport on you at all times?

Mind you I don't carry my passport but I do have a copy of it in case needed. However with having a Thai driver's license I have found that has been sufficient for anytime I have been asked to see an ID.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Unless things have changed I thought it was a requirement to have your passport on you at all times?

Mind you I don't carry my passport but I do have a copy of it in case needed. However with having a Thai driver's license I have found that has been sufficient for anytime I have been asked to see an ID.

This furphy has been doing the rounds for years, a copy of the relevant pages of the passport is sufficient. No policeman has ever asked to see my passport in 10 years. Seen my DL a few times.

Global House and IKON Square in Chiang Mai are running the same system and you have to note the entry time as well.  Low tech, but waiting for someone here to procure and implement a workable and reliable contact tracing app would probably be hopeless.  Broadcast SMS to possibly exposed visitors would get the word out cheaply until something better comes along.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Global House and IKON Square in Chiang Mai are running the same system and you have to note the entry time as well.  Low tech, but waiting for someone here to procure and implement a workable and reliable contact tracing app would probably be hopeless.  Broadcast SMS to possibly exposed visitors would get the word out cheaply until something better comes along.

The app is already available for iPhone and Android. The plan is that when the Malls open next week, no one will be allowed in unless they have the app installed on the phones. At this time, everything in the app is written in Thai. Sorry, but I don't remember it's name.

I'm sure there will be a number of farang who will say 'Oh, sorry! I don't have a phone.' At this time the government is saying 'No phone, no app, no entry.'

this is all part of the malls and others opening on May 17th.  

entry and exit time at home pro Hua Hin. asked for phone number. i was in their computer system.  

and tracking app starts tomorrow:

Here's our phones, see?  There's the required apps.  Happy?

"Oh, wery good.  You go in now.  Why you put phone in tin foil?"

It's crazy farang stuff.  Extends to life of the battery and keeps the phone cool.  You should try it!  Ok, see ya.  :whistling: