Where to find the relevant laws and standards for small egg production

My mrs and I have a little egg production with 4-500 hens. Selling the eggs at the local markets.

We over time had some contact with the local public vet office, to be sure we where doing things correct to the law. We always get a lot of talk and bla bla, but I have a bad feeling that nobody in the office, is knowing much about the law.

The other day we where going to the office again, now all the staff was changing, the new head of the office tell us that we had to make a licence to the TAS 6909-2010 immidiately. This standard is maked for big eggproducers with up til 100.000 egg layers, most of it is ok and we are follow the most of the standards already, but some part of it is abosolutely over killing, specially the chapter about supervisors, managers, official educations etc, this chapter would kill our little egg productions with a lot of meaningless costs to our 4-500 hens.

I have some experience with quality of information in this country, so I maked a cross question to the vet office in the nabo village, and there the vet office said we did not need to follow TAS 6909, but they they could not give us any law informations or other regulation information, it was like before in our village vet office a lot of talk and bla bla.

Now I am confused, so I was contacting a lawyer with speciality in farm establishment, his answer was: Ohhhh it is a very difficult question (I think it means he did not know or where to find out) then he was changing to talk about how he want to get paid, like a blanco bank check without numbers, where he could fill out the numbers

as he liked, when he liked. I answered him that we wanted a payment agreement with a fixed amount, we did not hear more from him.

Now I am absolutely confused.

This should be a simple question: What law/regulations shall we follow with 4-500 egg layers. What is the answer on this simple question ?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Best for your misses keep her head down, and you to keep your nose out of her business, ask no questions and your misses breaks no regulations.

As a foreigner in Thailand, the answers to any question (simple or not) will only cost you money. Thais just do what they like and never worry about minor problems like regulations.

You tell the reality.

• Like 1

My partner and I spent a week recently on the phone and visiting several government offices in the hope of finding the information and regulations concerning the legal requirements on the slaughter of goats. We got no where.

My partner then phoned a local vet she knew and the goat was delivered butchered 2 days later.

Its not what you know but who you know.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Now I am confused, so I was contacting a lawyer with speciality in farm establishment, his answer was: Ohhhh it is a very difficult question (I think it means he did not know or where to find out) then he was changing to talk about how he want to get paid, like a blanco bank check without numbers, where he could fill out the numbers

Aha.. Lawyers in Thailand, for them we are all some sort of suckers and lamb to the slaughter, i'd soon feed them all to your chickens if i only could, hate them with a passion...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Smaller businesses in Thailand don't ask, bigger ones don't care - but if you really want to know, I've found the NFI people to be well informed and very helpful.

Hi Kinnock, sorry to ask, but what stands NFI For ?

30 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Aha.. Lawyers in Thailand, for them we are all some sort of suckers and lamb to the slaughter, i'd soon feed them all to your chickens if i only could, hate them with a passion...

The chicken must have quality food, I am not sure lawyer is good........ ????????????

6 hours ago, finnsk said:

Hi Kinnock, sorry to ask, but what stands NFI For ?

National Food Institute.  A Thai government agency set up to help Thai food businesses to develop.  They help with legal compliance and technical support, they have a lab in Bangkok and technical experts.

http://nfi.or.th/home.php

Edited by Kinnock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

National Food Institute.  A Thai government agency set up to help Thai food businesses to develop.  They help with legal compliance and technical support, they have a lab in Bangkok and technical experts.

http://nfi.or.th/home.php

Thanks Kinnock, I will try to see if they can help me, thanks alot