Sweden - is the rest of the world dumb, blind or worse ?

17 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Maybe similar to a country's that did not lock down at all, like South Korea. Or Austria, a country who has been easing lockdowns for weeks and seen few, if any, ill effects. 

Difficult for Sweden to have similar amounts of deaths as South Korea and Austria who have less than 1000 deaths between them while Sweden now has more than 4000.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Who can say? However, given the average age of those that do die, perhaps not much more than have.

Who can say? Not you, not me, we can make assumptions but they are not the facts needed to save lives. Any anonymous poster on here can scream as much as they want that they are right for which ever model they fancy but its not based on fact or science, its a bias based on incomplete evidence.

Scientists can make predictive models such as the large numbers predicted for the UK and US should there have been no measures in place, or Tegnell makes his predictive models based on herd immunity, which are so far falling short of his targets.

Should we just let all countries follow the herd immunity model because its less restrictive or based on models that have not been tested yet? 

The BBC interview with Tegnell was a good watch but he did show clinks in his amour especially when he said that Swedish do not wear facemasks because they stay at home when they're sick. That is a scientifically incorrect statement with COVID as its currently estimate that around 50% of people do not know they have it. He also said that he would change his mind on this model if need be. We can see that his predecessor has done just that, she was all for his approach but has changed her mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

So by that equation how is Brazil doing? No lockdowns, 26,417 new cases of the virus and 1,156 new deaths raising the total to 438,238 cases and 26,754 deaths. I guess they must be following your posts and decided that because just one country was currently successful then thats all the evidence needed.

I‘m flattered that you think they might follow my posts here. ????

Please keep in mind that Brazil is a huge country, and a country with a lot of problems.

Brazil is the fifth most-populous country on Earth and accounts for one-third of Latin America’s population.

Source: https://www.britannica.com/place/Brazil

Thus, if you look at the absolute numbers, high numbers are to be expected. 
There is too much poverty there already, huge favelas, masses of people for whom a lockdown would be not only ineffective to stop infections, but deadly. Obviously very difficult to protect the elderly there.

Nevertheless the curves will also there go up, reach a peak, and go down again, whatever they do, and whatever I say.

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

the author of that fake prediction, did not want to release his parameters

And as said here earlier, a funny coincidence, his institute received a >70 million grant from our well known vaccine prophets just at the time he released the scary numbers generated by his flawed model.
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I‘m flattered that you think they might follow my posts here????

Please keep in mind that Brazil is a huge country, and a country with a lot of problems.

Source: https://www.britannica.com/place/Brazil

Thus, if you look at the absolute numbers, high numbers are to be expected. 
There is too much poverty there already, huge favelas, masses of people for whom a lockdown would be not only ineffective to stop infections, but deadly. Obviously very difficult to protect the elderly there.

Nevertheless the curves will also there go up, reach a peak, and go down again, whatever they do, and whatever I say.

Sarcasm perhaps ????

Indeed Brazil is hard to compare, almost impossible I would say without making a massive number of calculations. Precisely why one size does not suit all solution to the pandemic. All considerations and tools within the box need to be considered dependent on circumstances instead of calling for the herd immunity model constantly.

I've always been a strong believer in the South Korea model with no lockdowns and the success they've had because of the very quick action they took, no wasting time and as a result avoided needing lockdown through high testing, tracing, technology, closing certain venues, schools etc mass gatherings. However not all countries were as quick to act or have the resources.

As we can also see they have to remain on a war footing attempting to stop that second wave that is on their doorstep knocking. Spikes and clusters of local infections are occurring now and they've just had to close over 800 schools that were last week re opened.

Lockdowns along with all other measures certainly have there place in my opinion when used appropriately in correct circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's not what he said. Did you read it properly? He said if someone wants to lockdown by all means do so but don't tell everyone else to do so. I agree. Those afraid of Corona can hide, but that's their choice. Some of us ain't afraid to go out and carry on as normal.

Did you read properly, he never told anyone to lockdown.................see below

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Neither one is better or worse. As long as one of us sits in a cave. Sound like it's you telling him what to do! ????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you point me in the direction of these people that have projected their misery.

LOL as they say, condemn the sin, and not tell the names.

• Sad 1