Ban on In Coming Flights Extended Until July 1

NCC1701A

As Per Richard Barrow:

The ban on allowing international passengers flying to #Thailand was due to expire on 31st May 2020. Now it has been extended by a month. Exceptions include, state or military aircraft, emergency landing, humanitarian aid, medical & relief flights, repatriation & cargo aircraft. 

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1261623242436927489

• Like 2

I saw this posted on Twitter, previously I thought that they wouldn't do it unless required and not until much nearer to the end of May.

The government are in a full on panic mode as they know the health system sucks, it's too late to panic anyway, I have a feeling that this pandemic is nearly done.

They need to do an accurate widespread serological survey ASAP to confirm what many people already suspect.

The reason there aren't many thousands of dead in Thailand is because the people who would have died from COVID are already dead because of the health system.

Edited by ukrules

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So they are letting the Chinese back in with the buses, but not international flights? I give up.

England is taking tourists still...infected or not, they don't care, no tests, no quarantine just come on in folks...and if you get sick it's free healthcare all the way...ashamed and angry

• Confused 1

Will people ever learn the "new normal"? Many will, but of course not everyone. 

SEA seems to understand how people get infected and have built precautionary measures to help. Sanitizing, temperature checks, masks to prevent droplets from infecting others.

The reality is, individuals need to accept and use these measures to protect themselves and others from infection.  

Governments and scientists will never be able to force others to use common sense.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, baansgr said:

England is taking tourists still...infected or not, they don't care, no tests, no quarantine just come on in folks...and if you get sick it's free healthcare all the way...ashamed and angry

It's called freedom and herd immunity.

12 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Will people ever learn the "new normal"? Many will, but of course not everyone. 

SEA seems to understand how people get infected and have built precautionary measures to help. Sanitizing, temperature checks, masks to prevent droplets from infecting others.

The reality is, individuals need to accept and use these measures to protect themselves and others from infection.  

Governments and scientists will never be able to force others to use common sense.

The New Normal for SEA countries that ban incoming foreign travellers is ever increasing shrinking economies.

There's no science or technology no nothing really at what they are doing. The plan is lay low and hope it all goes away.

Standard SOP if you think about it.

Only people coming in will be Chinese and East Asians looking to squirrel money away in some a few sketchy overpriced condos. Or the thousands of others that already own and looking to dump the *investment* as ABnB implodes.

Edited by Number 6

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

There's no science or technology no nothing really at what they are doing. The plan is lay low and hope it all goes away.

Standard SOP if you think about it.

Only people coming in will be Chinese and East Asians looking to squirrel money away in some a few sketchy overpriced condos. Or the thousands of others that already own and looking to dump the *investment* as ABnB implodes.

Lay low and hope it goes away, great plan ain't it 555

The amount of condos being built in BKK on the basis of increasing demand and now boom/bust. Most of the hotels are at zero occupancy for 2 months now and counting.

Edited by tribalfusion001

31 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I understand there is a British expression, "muddling through". Perhaps that's what the British tourist industry is hoping for.

Brits  have always lorded it over mere colonial Australians. Automatic 14 day quarantine for any arrivals in Oz. Seems like the boot is on the other foot now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I understand there is a British expression, "muddling through". Perhaps that's what the British tourist industry is hoping for.

Brits  have always lorded it over mere colonial Australians. Automatic 14 day quarantine for any arrivals in Oz. Seems like the boot is on the other foot now.

Aussies banned from leaving the country, I'm glad the UK doesn't resort to banning it's citizens from leaving, bit CCP style for me. We muddle through because we realize that the virus is not going away quickly and hiding away from the world is for wimps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1