Travel to Thailand

dallen52

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) on Saturday (May 16) extended the ban on international flights from 12.01am of June 1 to 11.59pm on June 30.

Hopefully it will allow the powers that be time to come up with a workable solution for entry from overseas tourists and others again. 

(Government issued insurance I would be happy to have)

We need to know what is going to be the challenges, well in advance. 

Also what impact if any for people like myself who have flights held in credit/on hold, awaiting Thai airways next steps. 

July 1st they are advertising international flights From.

But nobody knows what the entry conditions will be yet.

Whatever rules they come up with for entry will largely be irrelevant for anyone wanting to visit Thailand as most Countries won’t be flying internationally for ,moths yet, and those that do will have a 14 day isolation period when they return so the numbers will be low. 

• Like 1

I'm living a double life.

As We do.

My partner in the village. 

Isolated. 

Me having to rent the place in Australia until my Thai airways flight is a go.

Hopefully July from Melbourne. 

I was returning March 27.

Covid check and insurance. 

Thai stopped flights 25th.

Fortunately my retirement extensions until next year. 

But it certainly stretches the budget. 

She finally got 5000 after 7 attempts. 

Her sister also out of work is classed as a farmer and still cannot get anything. 

Now they have closed the scheme. 

Makes it hard for her and the family. 

But..

TIT.

Best to keep checking, I can tell you most on this forum dont give a toss and aren't any better informed. There's a lot of speculation about international flights, testing on arrival, insurance etc, best to wait and see what they come up with. I dont think its any coincidence that Thai started up its timetable on the 1st of July which is now slated as the day the airport likely to reopen to international flights. Although I think the number of flights they are stating, particularly to Australia which is what I care about, is ambitious, given that most Australians will need a Government exemption to leave the country. I cant see that being lifted by then, nor can I see tourists being allowed in to Australia so a few flights maybe, but 5 a week to Melbourne? 2 or 3 to Brisbane? I am in the same boat but I want to return to Aus, do a bit of work, attend to a few things and then be able to get back in here. I had a flight booked in April, deferred it to October once it was cancelled, now I am in two minds. My extension not due til January.

4 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

Best to keep checking, I can tell you most on this forum dont give a toss and aren't any better informed. There's a lot of speculation about international flights, testing on arrival, insurance etc, best to wait and see what they come up with. I dont think its any coincidence that Thai started up its timetable on the 1st of July which is now slated as the day the airport likely to reopen to international flights. Although I think the number of flights they are stating, particularly to Australia which is what I care about, is ambitious, given that most Australians will need a Government exemption to leave the country. I cant see that being lifted by then, nor can I see tourists being allowed in to Australia so a few flights maybe, but 5 a week to Melbourne? 2 or 3 to Brisbane? I am in the same boat but I want to return to Aus, do a bit of work, attend to a few things and then be able to get back in here. I had a flight booked in April, deferred it to October once it was cancelled, now I am in two minds. My extension not due til January.

It's a tough call. 

After returning to Australia when the fires were on,  I made the decision to get back to Thailand. 

But time beat me. 

Partner of 7 years still there.

And patiently waiting. 

I usually travel one ways..

Quite happy to be there for the foreseeable future. 

No illusions. 

Thailand is Certainly as safe as Australia covid19 wise.

Just need to see what silly requirements for entry might be imposed.

Oh, the travel from Australia is under a level 4 warning. 

It's not prohibited. 

Just advised against. 

Plus, currently no flights. 

Thai airways has Melbourne and Sydney on its approval to fly lists... July 1st. 

Thai Airways will be reducing the flight by region as follows

Asia-Pacific region will cancel flights to 17 cities, causing the destinations to be reduced to 31 cities from the original 48 cities with canceled destinations such as Brisbane, Perth Australia, Auckland, New Zealand, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi. Khun Ming, Xiamen, Penang, Colombo, Sri Lanka etc.

Edited by dallen52

8 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Her sister also out of work is classed as a farmer and still cannot get anything.

Is your wife's sister a registered farmer with the Bank of Agriculture, do you know?

The wheels at the departments turn slowly, just like an ox cart.

19 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Is your wife's sister a registered farmer with the Bank of Agriculture, do you know?

The wheels at the departments turn slowly, just like an ox cart.

No.

We went through the wheels for almost a month. 

Both are or were casual working. 

Mine in a restaurant and her sister a cleaner. 

April 30th they corrected some problems with the database. (Joke)

Both on the same house book.

Neither registered with the farmer registration card. 

7th application and my partner was approved. 

Actually received 5000.

Her sister is still rejected.

Clarify as a farmer..

(It's how they limit the distribution of payments)

They Put an appeal section on the site.

But it now looks like the site is closed..

Just Another sad government corrupted system. 

Hardly anyone she knows received any money. 

I spoke with Thai today. They advised flights to Thailand from 01/07 are not formally committed, only still on website / automated voice advice as they haven't yet received any official update from H.O. Also advised that anyone requesting a refund will have to wait a minimum of six months for payment which obviously is not guaranteed in Thai's current circumstances.

• Sad 1