When are gyms expected to open again in Chiang Mai?

WaveHunter

I know they are open in Bangkok now but still are closed here in Chiang Mai.  Does anyone have some reliable information?  

Sorry if this has already been discussed but it’s almost impossible for me to navigate ThaiVisa lately due to how slow pages are loading on my iPhone, so I’d appreciate some feedback.  

Thanks

Harris Fitness Center is open for weight training only.  It is located on the 6th floor of the closed Lotus Hotel(kind of weird the hotel is closed but the independent gym inside of the hotel is open).  The Gym has opened it’s windows to comply with the government order.  Just fans and the old fashioned Swamp Coolers for “comfort”.   I would not want to be there in the afternoon.  

21 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

I was told yesterday that O2 gym in Chiang Mai was open. 

This is hearsay, but could be something. 

Yeh a woodcarver sitting on a stoop in Candidassa told me that too at 6:15 am thismorning.

Gyms are open in Bangkok.  My gym which is pretty big has opened the free weight area only.  No cardio machines or resistance “machines”.  Same for my condo gym.  Cardio is roped off

23 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

A little unrelated...

But why is ok to use free weights and not the machines ? Is the virus picky about where it sits ? 

People perspire more and breath heavily, I suppose if infected spreading droplets more than pumping weights

1 hour ago, AtlasAus said:

A little unrelated...

But why is ok to use free weights and not the machines ? Is the virus picky about where it sits ? 

By 'weight trining' only, may have meant the 'gym' and not other activities that fitness centers offer, like yoga, dance, aerobics n stuff.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

If anyone is worried about sweating people in a gym giving them Covid 19,  they should grow a pair, or go live in a box in the mountains.  

Agree.  I think this whole lockdown thing all over the world is huge overkill!  Statistics are now coming out that all the death projections from computer modeling that got all worldwide government officials in a tizzy over this were vastly over estimated, and it's starting to come out that actual deaths caused by Covid-19 are far less than anticipated, and that many deaths actually caused by comorbidities are being attributed to Covid-19. 

I think the genuine crisis is yet to come, and that is what this global lockdown is going to do to the economy in the coming months...especially if things don't start opening up real quick.

But who really knows?  it seems that nobody (all the scientists and politicians) has a real handle on what the real story is "yet".  Talk to a dozen people and you'll get a dozen different answers!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Agree.  I think this whole lockdown thing all over the world is huge overkill!  Statistics are now coming out that all the death projections from computer modeling that got all worldwide government officials in a tizzy over this were vastly over estimated, and it's starting to come out that actual deaths caused by Covid-19 are far less than anticipated, and that many deaths actually caused by comorbidities are being attributed to Covid-19. 

I think the genuine crisis is yet to come, and that is what this global lockdown is going to do to the economy in the coming months...especially if things don't start opening up real quick.

But who really knows?  it seems that nobody (all the scientists and politicians) has a real handle on what the real story is "yet".  Talk to a dozen people and you'll get a dozen different answers!

The biggest threat to my personal health is not getting enough exercise and eating too much <deleted>, because I am spending far too much time in the house.  I am far more worried about that than I am of this damn Covid 19

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The biggest threat to my personal health is not getting enough exercise and eating too much <deleted>, because I am spending far too much time in the house.  I am far more worried about that than I am of this damn Covid 19

I know!  Me too ????  This has really been sort of a nightmare.  Totally out of shape now as a result not only of the lockdown but the horrible pollution we've had from the forest fires here in Chiang Mai making it dangerous to even go out and ride my bike or run.  What a <deleted> nightmare this year has been so far as far as trying to have a healthy lifestyle.  I truly hope the worst is behind us and we can finally return to NORMAL, not the so-called "new" normal that all these no-nothing pundits keep talking about.  I mean, enough is enough already!

I'm not downplaying the significance of COVID-19 for many people at-risk, but for the majority of the population, the lockdown will have far more negative repurcussions than the virus itself when the dust finally settle (my opinion).

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I know!  Me too ????  This has really been sort of a nightmare.  Totally out of shape now as a result not only of the lockdown but the horrible pollution we've had from the forest fires here in Chiang Mai making it dangerous to even go out and ride my bike or run.  What a <deleted> nightmare this year has been so far as far as trying to have a healthy lifestyle.  I truly hope the worst is behind us and we can finally return to NORMAL, not the so-called "new" normal that all these no-nothing pundits keep talking about.  I mean, enough is enough already!

I'm not downplaying the significance of COVID-19 for many people at-risk, but for the majority of the population, the lockdown will have far more negative repurcussions than the virus itself when the dust finally settle (my opinion).

totally agree 

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

So when will the gyms open?  That was your question, right? 

Isn’t the current theory from Medical Experts that Nasal Droplets are Covid 19 Carriers and not perspiration?  Therefore, one can  sweat like a “pig” and not transmit the virus but sneezing or possibly spitting out saliva could transmit the virus?  

I'm not in Chang mai but all condos here have swimming pool and gym open except...mine! I asked the management and they told me the "committee" decided to open next month. So when the committee decided this? And when next month? They don't know. Of course.

My patience and mental health is very low on battery...at this point, no gym, no swimming pool no beach for 3 months for no reason...I'll start drinking alcohol and smoking. That's allowed. What kind of world we live in.

1 hour ago, Sundown said:

I'm not in Chang mai but all condos here have swimming pool and gym open except...mine! I asked the management and they told me the "committee" decided to open next month. So when the committee decided this? And when next month? They don't know. Of course.

My patience and mental health is very low on battery...at this point, no gym, no swimming pool no beach for 3 months for no reason...I'll start drinking alcohol and smoking. That's allowed. What kind of world we live in.

What would you do if you had a real problem?  Call Mom for a bailout.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:00 AM, Trujillo said:

I was told yesterday that O2 gym in Chiang Mai was open. 

This is hearsay, but could be something. 

O2 Gym (the mahindol rd branch anyway) has been open since 17th. Details on their facebook page. With the new precautions in place.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:17 PM, WaveHunter said:

Who needs to pay for a gym membership when one can exercise for free? And if you're too scared to go outside then do some calisthenics and run in place inside.

• Like 2