Pain in the neck

If only I could get some other parts as stiff as my neck.

Due to side effects of a long standing chronic condition, (Fluoroquinolone Toxicity), Roadrunners exceedingly long neck is giving him some grief. Rigid muscles are putting pressure on the vertebrae causing stiff neck with crunching joints.

Am considering purchase of something from the following page

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.home.search.1.138c1aa3KNYJZf&q=neck%20relax&_keyori=ss&clickTrackInfo=textId--7638379229673335885__abId--154857__pvid--54d285ca-2677-4276-bc4f-e8f943f47d72&from=suggest_normal&sugg=neck%20relax_0_1

This for example:- How can it be any good at the price?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/electric-pulse-back-and-neck-massager-far-infrared-heating-pain-relief-tool-health-care-relaxation-i561088601-s1029012176.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.10.787946a6jZGj6M&search=1

Tens machines: Possible, but lacks infrared.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?_keyori=ss&from=input&page=2&q=tens%20units%20massage&spm=a2o4m.pdp.search.go.4b061fb06bQv6v

Anyone with experience of using these products is invited to advise please. Am interested in tens units pulse to massage the muscles and infrared heat.

Remarks about solving the problem by suspending pesky critter by a short length of rope are not appreciated. I have already been suspended by the mods.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

There's a guy in Sisaket province who works at a local hospital in the physiotherapy department. 

He volenteers his services to the local temple where I met him. 

In my work in EU I did a hell of a lot of driving, and carried it on when I moved to Thailand, splitting my time between suratthani province and ubon rajitani. 

In the process, I developed a chronic stiff neck that was often accompanied by a migraine type head ache. 

When I met this guy in the temple, and he offered to cure me, I agreed more out of politeness than anything else. 

He pulled out what looked like a large wooden tuning fork, and a small stone batton, and started hitting me on the back of my neck like with a hammer and chisel. 

At the time it felt very uncomfortable, and before I was about to halt precedings, he stopped and said finished. 

At the time, I wasn't convinced, but since then, the problem has disappeared, and I've done a few trips to Surat and back , nothing..... Totally pain free. 

I'm now wondering what I'm going to do with this cupboard full of ibuprofen that I had before. 

Its next to the cupboard full of expensive sunglasses from before I needed prescription glasses ☺️

Look for an H Wave machine. Better than a tens unit. I have a triple fusion in my neck and a double in my liw back.  I use it daily and it helps tremendously. Finding the  pads is the only difficulty 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Look for an H Wave machine. Better than a tens unit. I have a triple fusion in my neck and a double in my liw back.  I use it daily and it helps tremendously. Finding the  pads is the only difficulty 

Thanks, can you recommend any particular machine on Lazada?

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Thanks, can you recommend any particular machine on Lazada?

Lazada does not have any H wave machines.  They only have different Tens units, sorry.  My H Wave came from the US, courtesy of my workers compensation settlement.

15 hours ago, Havefunme said:

Do neck stretches and find a new pillow

The above plus

Massage (the therapeutic kind, not "recreational") - deep muscle is fine but don:t let them twist your neck about as some do - make sure the masseuse is properly trained

Cervical traction - devise like this, they work fine

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3-inflatable-air-cervical-neck-traction-neck-massage-soft-brace-device-unit-for-headache-head-back-shoulder-neck-pain-health-care-zahaa-i300142349-s516116835.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.12.181522b1uLIGo9&search=1

If you can get someone to massage your shoulders while wearing it, all the better

These mechanical massage devices don:t work well in my experience

It is highly unlikley this is related to quinolones.  More l kley either just muscle spasm related to posture (including sleep posture) or cervical spine issue or combo of both. Quinoline-assocated tendinopathy generally affects the lower limbs.

Most people develop at elast some degree of cervical spondylosis as they age. Conservatiev measures such as exercise, home cervical traction and gentle massage are first steps, can also take NSAID when it is particulalry bothersome provided yo uhave no contraindictaions.

If you start to have poain radiating down the arm and/or weakness of the arm or hand then time  to see a spinal specalist.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is highly unlikley this is related to quinolones. 

I have news for you. Go research Fluoroquinolone Toxicity. There is a very long list of damage / conditions these poisonous antibiotics cause, yet doctors are still prescribing them.

Worse still, I cannot find treatment in Thailand.

I am well aware of adverse effects of this class of drugs (the actual science not random internet postings)

Does not usually involve the neck. Achilles tendon far more likely.

Plus, as mentioned, most people develop some degree of cervical spondylosis as they age and that is far, far more likely an explanation.

That you had adverse effects from a quinolone  does not mean that going forward every physical complaint you have will be due to them.   It is far more likely to be down to the causes I mentioned.

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I am well aware of adverse effects of this class of drugs (the actual science not random internet postings)

Does not usually involve the neck. Achilles tendon far more likely.

Plus, as mentioned, most people develop some degree of cervical spondylosis as they age and that is far, far more likely an explanation.

That you had adverse effects from a quinolone  does not mean that going forward every physical complaint you have will be due to them.   It is far more likely to be down to the causes I mentioned.

The neck was mentioned as that is the part that is really bothering me, but actually my entire body is suffering from rigid muscles.

3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The neck was mentioned as that is the part that is really bothering me, but actually my entire body is suffering from rigid muscles.

Quinolones typicall ycause tendinopathy. Doesn't sound like what you are describing. Overall muscle rigidity is more often down to inadequate exercise and sometimes also poor mattress.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, Sheryl said:

Quinolones typicall ycause tendinopathy. Doesn't sound like what you are describing. Overall muscle rigidity is more often down to inadequate exercise and sometimes also poor mattress.

They cause a long list of other serious side effects and conditions, far more than that listed on the inadequate drug information leaflet. There was a cover up by big Pharma and the FDA. Go Google Fluoroquinolone Toxicity. There are also Facebook groups with a long list of sufferers. Many lives ruined by these evil drugs.