Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

webfact

5 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I am not sure about this. I am not a musician. However, the melody and lyrics would require the same talent, right?

No, melody and lyrics is down to songwriting, not the ability and musical ear required to learn to play a musical instrument.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I am not sure about this. I am not a musician. However, the melody and lyrics would require the same talent, right?

We are both a way off topic here, if you want to discuss further, send me a PM.

2 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:
Not at all, I don't understand the reference please explain how pot calling the kettle black applies to me? I don't use hookers and support the sex trade in anyway. The illegal sex trade is all around you in Pattaya and may other locations in Thailand, why pretend you don't understand what I am talking about? Is this a game I also don't understand?
  •  

Numerous police raids in Pattaya has resulted in no evidence of an illegal sex trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

No, melody and lyrics is down to songwriting, not the ability and musical ear required to learn to play a musical instrument.

ok, fair enough, but writing the melody and song takes talent. I think you should still keep an open mind though. There really is some great music out there, give some of it a chance as a music lover, you might be surprised.????

Greedy landlords still charging high rents, when they are fully aware of problems businesses are having during the lockdown.

Its pretty shameful. At least open normal bars, and give as many people as possible the chance to get back to work and earn a living.

• Like 2

Just now, Don Mega said:

Numerous police raids in Pattaya has resulted in no evidence of an illegal sex trade.

????????. You cannot be serious.. So Pattaya is not known for sex tourism over the past 4 or 5 decades...????????

I reinstate the accusation of buffoon.....????????

2 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

????????. You cannot be serious.. So Pattaya is not known for sex tourism over the past 4 or 5 decades...????????

I reinstate the accusation of buffoon.....????????

Do you have proof of an illegal sex trade in Pattaya ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So no proof then, no surprises there !!

Quite honestly I am certain that you are just being stupid. You cannot live in Pattaya and not be aware of the sex trade and the reputation Pattaya has as a sex tourist destination, but just in case you are actually a real buffoon here is one of thousands of links..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2886634/thailand-sex-capital-pattaya-prostitutes-tourists-illegal-orgy/

4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Trolling? What because I think using hookers is a sad mans game and I am not afraid to voice it? Pattaya has thrived on sex tourists for too long. It needs to re think how it is going to thrive going forward and in my view getting rid of all the sex tourists would not be a bad thing.

Yes a troll in a moral crusade

have you by any chance never thinking it should be much more easy

to be geting rid of people like you in sin city, and let the vast majority of people

who have all chosen to be here have fun and enjoy their life style?

You have a bilion of alternatives in Thailand and even in the cities around Pattaya

if you are stick here for your job, why inflict yourself all this misery living in Pattaya?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:43 AM, Oldie said:

Pattaya can change and look for tourists with other interests than sex and booze. Perhaps now is the best time for this. 

Who want to stay in Pattaya without the nightlife i am so happy that i'm so lucky and sold everything last year except my own room and bought already in other country i will even not return until everything back to normal Thailand got bad but I really like pattaya with the nightlife exciting and unique but it has nothing else to offer as top nightlife action foodand shopping and as a side product it's on the beach  what is not beautiful and where the water is dirty since yes nobody comes for the beach in Pattaya now I am in the country where the beach one hunderd time more clean and more beautiful I will come back to Pattaya when the night life will be restored if not Thailand can kiss my A.. it's not only the corona Paranoia what they make in Thailand it's the government and his super Leader the arrogant government so racist Thai government and the anti-western sentiment before a enjoying Pattaya for thirty years yes I will come in the winter in case everything back to normal but not more all year I can really use my life better than their and when the happy icon at the right time twenty sixth of February if  not i would Stick in the <deleted> there

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Quite honestly I am certain that you are just being stupid.

hahahahahaha you smashing the keyboard that hard your working yourself into a frenzy !!

And ahhh.......... bwahahahahahahahaha at qouting the sun as a credible source, you wear the clown hat nice.

buffoon
/bəˈfuːn/

noun
noun: buffoon; plural noun: buffoons
  1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

stutter.jpg.1082406e189e7966c871ddc2d4b5efa7.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:
19 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Not many tourists anywhere in the world have no interest in having a drink.

Unsure about that.

I am a non drinker, but I do like to stay with friends in a bar terrace with a nice view.

I have plenty of friends in the same cases, and surely plenty of tourists too.

The fact that alcohol seems to have a huge importance in life of US and UK students doesn't mean that it's the same in all countries !

Alcohol is not needed to live well and happy.

"Alcohol is not needed to live well and happy".

No one said that it is.

US and UK students were not particularly referenced by anyone except you...why?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jiggo said:

Do you know what happened in Sihanoukville, over run by Chinese and no employment advantages for the Cambodians, just trashed that was a nice friendly hideaway.  

... And then the whole place crashed when the Chinese government demanded that Cambodia outlaw online gambling due to concerns over capital flight. Now they are left with a mess of unfinished buildings all over the city, and a few have already collapsed. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes a troll in a moral crusade

have you by any chance never thinking it should be much more easy

to be geting rid of people like you in sin city, and let the vast majority of people

who have all chosen to be here have fun and enjoy their life style?

You have a bilion of alternatives in Thailand and even in the cities around Pattaya

if you are stick here for your job, why inflict yourself all this misery living in Pattaya?

i endured it for so long and left. 

hahahahahaha you smashing the keyboard that hard your working yourself into a frenzy !!

And ahhh.......... bwahahahahahahahaha at qouting the sun as a credible source, you wear the clown hat nice.

buffoon
/bəˈfuːn/

noun
noun: buffoon; plural noun: buffoons
  1. a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown.

stutter.jpg.1082406e189e7966c871ddc2d4b5efa7.jpg

A bit rich talking about credibility, your opinion can not be taken seriously when you are trying to pretend Pattaya has no sex trade. There are thousands of sources, pick one yourself. Buffoon.????

13 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It's only my impression; The result of so many movies showing US students with cars, parties and always tons of packs of beers and a lot of alcohol involved...

Very very different of student life in my country (France).

That's what make me think (wrongly?) that alcohol may be more in US culture than in many other...

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

A bit rich talking about credibility, your opinion can not be taken seriously when you are trying to pretend Pattaya has no sex trade. There are thousands of sources, pick one yourself. Buffoon.????

All I have asked of you is to provide proof of your claims, so far you have failed to do so instead resorting to name calling and other evasive tactics to avoid my question.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:
20 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It's only my impression; The result of so many movies showing US students with cars, parties and always tons of packs of beers and a lot of alcohol involved...

Very very different of student life in my country (France).

That's what make me think (wrongly?) that alcohol may be more in US culture than in many other...

"That's what make me think (wrongly?) that alcohol may be more in US culture than in many other..."

That's a bit rich coming from a Français!

• Like 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

All I have asked of you is to provide proof of your claims, so far you have failed to do so instead resorting to name calling and other evasive tactics to avoid my question.

As I said you are just playing stupid games. You have lived in Thailand too long, when it comes to losing out on a debate lie no matter how stupid you look. ???????? 

59 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Quite honestly I am certain that you are just being stupid. You cannot live in Pattaya and not be aware of the sex trade and the reputation Pattaya has as a sex tourist destination, but just in case you are actually a real buffoon here is one of thousands of links..

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2886634/thailand-sex-capital-pattaya-prostitutes-tourists-illegal-orgy/

lol

you can not be real are you?

So a tabloid, The Sun, makes a catchy title 

and it's a proof of a massive illegal sex trade in Pattaya?

I know very well the case in the new, it was illegal only because

the chinese owner of the Tulip hotel haven't any license for it.

The guests at the party were swinguers coming with their wifes or grilfriend

from a bunch of differents coutries, so nothing to do with a sex traffic with children

or other nasty things like that.

you should do better stay focused on your medication

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I have every right to comment and express my opinion on somewhere. I had to live there for many years because my property was rented by the company I was working for and the location was sensible. Personally I could not wait to get myself and my family out of there. I also have a very strong opinion on the damage a rampant, unregulated sex industry does and the exploitation of young women just because they were born with limited opportunity. If you are not one of those people that uses the sex trade then ok, however I find it disturbing that you seem defend it and suggest I don't have the right to voice my opinion on it. Well, I think I will preserve my right to comment and have my own opinions thank you.

Don't worry, for what I am concerned, you have every right to express your opinion, however, what you were writing to and about me was rather a personal attack, wouldn't you say, and oddly to defend some other contributor you felt as if I had been to square-ish with, while...

Let us please stop this here, as it is IMHO paying to much attention to me, him, and yourself.

What you write about the sex industry, in general, I, in principle, do agree with, BUT, IMO, in Thailand the situation is different. The sex industry, f.i., is "regulated", very much so, but by bad people with vile motivations, instead of by the Law, as a "non possumus": prostitution is simply banned in Thailand, so in theory non-existing, and as such no laws can be brought forward and voted in to regulate it! ...And even when it would be, those laws would need to be promulgated, and enforced by the police! Do you see any chance for the will(!) to make this happen, in Thailand, could appear within the next, say, 20 or 40 years? Do not forget hereby that the present form of prostitution, with all its ramifications, generates incomes for some millions of Thais, from all levels of society, also some high up ones, and Thais wearing different colours of uniforms...

As for "the exploitation of young women just because they were born with limited opportunity", it is what I also thought so, like most kindhearted Farangs, till well informed, bonafide, Thais have somewhat made me adapt my perception: many "girls" are for various reasons (another time, OK?) pushed into prostitution by their own parents/family (this being "hidden" from the community) and, also, some girls do freely choose for it because they(!) consider it as an easy way of (vane) life. Do you think many of the "girls" in bars, karaokes and happy-end massage parlours would like to have a real job, work hard 8 to 10 hours, 6 to 7 days a week for 400 Baht or so per day? Well, I personally doubt most Thais think so...

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingofthemountain said:

lol

from a bunch of differents coutries, so nothing to do with a sex traffic with children

My medication! I think you need medication for your blindness. Utterly ridiculous ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bangrak said:

Don't worry, for what I am concerned, you have every right to express your opinion, however, what you were writing to and about me was rather a personal attack, wouldn't you say, and oddly to defend some other contributor you felt as if I had be to square-ish with, while...

Let us please stop this here, as it is IMHO paying to much attention to me, him, and yourself.

What you write about the sex industry, in general, I, in principle, do agree with, BUT, IMO, in Thailand the situation is different. The sex industry, f.i., is "regulated", very much so, but by bad people with vile motivations, instead of by the Law, as a "non possumus": prostitution is simply banned in Thailand, so in theory non-existing, and as such no laws can be brought forward and voted in to regulate it! ...And even when it would be, those laws would need to be promulgated, and enforced by the police! Do you see any chance for the will(!) to make this happen, in Thailand, could appear within the next, say, 20 or 40 years? Do not forget hereby that the present form of prostitution, with all its ramifications, generates incomes for some millions of Thais, from all levels of society, also some high up ones, and Thais wearing different colours of uniforms...

As for "the exploitation of young women just because they were born with limited opportunity", it is what I also thought so, like most kindhearted Farangs, till well informed, bonafide, Thais have somewhat made me adapt my perception: many "girls" are for various reasons (another time, OK?) pushed into prostitution by their own parents/family (this being "hidden" from the community) and, also, some girls do freely choose for it because they(!) consider it as an easy way of (vane) life. Do you think many of the "girls" in bars, karaokes and happy-end massage parlours would like to have a real job, work hard 8 to 10 hours, 6 to 7 days a week for 400 Baht or so per day? Well, I personally doubt most Thais think so...

Goodness what a long post in essence saying nothing. If you are not aware of the nature of prostitution and the terrible things that come with it I suggest you spend more of your time researching it rather then writing a post like this to me. Your Thai friends telling you it is harmless is utter nonsense, look it up!

4 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

As I said you are just playing stupid games. You have lived in Thailand too long, when it comes to losing out on a debate lie no matter how stupid you look. ???????? 

hahahahaha, you think I was debating with you...Amazing Thailand !!

So how's bout that proof of that illegal sex trade you are clearly enamoured by ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

lol

OK then fella, there is no illegal sex trade in Pattaya, feel better?