Expedia - Playing Dumb on KLM Refund/Rebooking Rules

pedro01

I had a very frustrating call with Expedia today. I have flights to UK in July and need to move it to next year due to COVID.

According to the Expedia site - absolutely no refunds, no date change allowed. This is on business class flights for 4 that cost a little over 380k.

So I checked the same itinerary on KLM site - $240 per ticket for a date change, $400 for a cancellation - all waived on these flights (looks like all flights up to August). 

I called Expedia support - they claim to have no knowledge of this yet they are the travel agent and the people I am supposed to change the flights with. On top of this, there is no way to lodge a complaint with Expedia other than by calling the people in India who claim to have no knowledge of any refund policy. It appears they want the tickets to expire unused at which point there is going to be no refund. 

Does anyone here know of any local numbers - so I can get to speak to the people running this outfit as opposed to some guy in an Indian call center that's been told to feign ignorance?

From the Dutch news I believe KLM gives vouchers for cancelled trips (at a higher value of the original trip i believe 15%) or the cash back. At first they did not want to give cash back only vouchers but the EU put a stop to this. SO to sweeten the deal they added 15% extra value on vouchers. That could still be exchanged back to normal cash (minus the 15%) 

Sorry that I cant be more helpful. 

This is one more reason for me for buying tickets directly from the airline. You may have saved a couple of euros initially but when problems occur these ticketsellers are often less than helpful.

Edited by damascase

I'm having similar probs, can't be asked to go into all the detail though.

If you only want to change the flight, call KLM directly as they may 'bend the rules' and do it for you as you are not asking for a refund. 

I'm surprised you actually got to speak to someone at Expedia. As for 'local' numbers try Google search, but I think all Expida's numbers are toll free?

Edited by Keyser Soze666

21 minutes ago, damascase said:

This is one more reason for me for buying tickets directly from the airline. You may have saved a couple of euros initially but when problems occur these ticketsellers are often less than helpful.

I will certainly do that in the future. The Expedia site is impossible - they have a "file a complaint" section - and all it does is give the same number.

When you call that number, there is no option to file a complaint. Options are just to make new bookings, change a booking or cancel one. Fortunately I have found the company that owns this Expedia site, they are a registered travel agent and I've lodged a complaint with the regulatory body that they are under in Singapore.

The airline say they can't help because I didn't book with them - which is frustrating 'cause the rules on their site say we can change the flights without fee.

12 minutes ago, taotoo said:

Have the flights been cancelled by KLM? Maybe there's a difference between KLM cancelling the flights, and you cancelling your tickets.

KLM.jpg.46dbaba30d9139441755ac53aa759f5a.jpg

I should fall under this set of rules - which are shown next to my itinerary on the KLM site.