UK says PM's adviser did not break lockdown rules with 400 km drive

rooster59

25 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

The Guardian have more they are keeping back challenging No 10 to come out fighting and walk straight into their trap. They have been building information for over 6 weeks now. If he digs in it will be a drip feed over the week to tighten the screw. They’ll be working on his resignation. A sacking is hard to come back from, honourably resigning over this error of judgment makes it much easier to be brought back to deal with Brexit once Covid has waned

Pure twitter BS media outlets don't hold onto stories they are always worried that another media outlet will get the story and release before them

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Pure twitter BS media outlets don't hold onto stories they are always worried that another media outlet will get the story and release before them

They did the second visit hold back after a phalanx of cabinet ministers had defenced the original story. Anyway it's a Guardian/Mirror joint story and your man if it is your man is toast.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

They did the second visit hold back after a phalanx of cabinet ministers had defenced the original story. Anyway it's a Guardian/Mirror joint story and your man if it is your man is toast.  

2020-05-24_203435.png

2 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

So what your saying is they broke lockdown rules yesterday and went back to Durham for a 2nd visit and you have a link  to support your claim

4 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the guardian generates a lot of click bait ..their backers could be RT and the russians ,as theyre rabid leftys

The Russians are rabid leftys? Russia is much more like the US, the strongest grabs all.

And RT backing the guardian, please. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

A non story with the usual suspects still gabbin on about Brexit, 6 pages already.

Tens of thousands in the uk haven’t bothered at all with the so called lockdown regulations, regardless of political persuasions.

This Cummings fellow was probably right from the beginning with his herd mentality.

In short no laws broken, nobody injured, nothing to see, move along, next story please.

OK , next story , coming your way soon. 

Maybe , the rite honorable,  Cummings has a close close friend, up North ..

Nothing new in the Tories , blue vein brigade .

Lust conquers , everything . 

Edited by elliss

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Obergruppenführer Morgan 

Piers Morgan hints he might not return to Good Morning Britain after break next week after rise in Ofcom complaints

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11672986/piers-morgan-good-morning-britain-ofcom-complaints/

oh ….the Sun ….????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are going to accuse others of ‘hypocrisy’ it might be a good idea to look up the meaning of the word and perhaps a few examples of its correct use in a sentence.

Was referring to a previous post of yours,if you don,t know the meaning of the word hypocrisy perhaps you should consider the purchase of a dictionary,

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

labour party hates this man as they can never get over their election defeat and he wil ensure that they NEVER get back into power 

They don,t need him to ensure they,'ll never get back into power they,'re more than capable of doing that themselves.

22 hours ago, david555 said:

The main problem for Boris s if he throw Cummings under the bus ….most likely Cummings will pull Boris with him …,as he is the binding factor from all what this  bunch "cooked "…. 

Exciting times  to come 

I just knew , the Big Red Bus would be given to good use ,  eventually ..

Reminds me to the bible page….the last souper ????

10m ago 14:53

This just in from the BBC’s Nick Eardley:

A big food delivery has just arrived at 10 Downing Street.... we’re here for a bit folks

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Reminds me to the bible page….the last souper ????

10m ago 14:53

This just in from the BBC’s Nick Eardley:

A big food delivery has just arrived at 10 Downing Street.... we’re here for a bit folks

As our eye in the sky reporter, any news on whether it was pizza or a Bengal Balti special, get back to us as soon as you can, the nation is hanging on to your every word. ????????????

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

As our eye in the sky reporter, any news on whether it was pizza or a Bengal Balti special, get back to us as soon as you can, the nation is hanging on to your every word. ????????????

I have to trust on that BBC reporter ,not knowing what they go eat, as I am here in lost paradise at the other side of the globe ????

Besides it is tradition that the one to execute choose his last meal …. so ask your friend it ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2m ago16:00

PM to lead press conference

Downing Street has confirmed that Boris Johnson will be leading the government’s press conference today at 5pm, instead of housing minister Robert Jenrick, who had been previously announced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

You keep on saying he broke the law, which if he did he would have been charged, unwise was the quote from the police.

Stop making things up.........

I'm not making things up.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

<snip>

He broke the guidance, not the law. If he'd broken the law he'd have been arrested by now. 

The lockdown is the law as the appropriate regulations for each constituent nation of the UK were made under the relevant provisions of the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984

I'm not a lawyer, though. (Are either of you? Somehow I doubt it.) So here is the opinion of Jeff King, a Professor of Law at University College London and a Legal Adviser to the House of Lords Constitution Committee: The Lockdown is Lawful.

Cummings and his wife would not have been arrested and charged. Offenders, even repeat offenders, are dealt with by fixed penalty notices (see relevant links in the above article).

Whether or not Cummings and his wife were issued FPNs, no one has said. However, following heavy criticism for what was seen as an initial heavy handed approach, all forces in England and Wales have since late March preferred to issue verbal guidance and warnings. Police to use persuasion rather than punishment to enforce coronavirus lockdown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I find that very sad, irrespective of political persuasion, that these situations become political footballs.

AFAIK the 'second trip' report by The Observor and Sunday Mirror was said to be "false" by government officials. I think it hinges on the facts of that alleged trip. For me, the first one is plausible; if stories of the second trip were not 'false' then the government have been misled by Cummings.   

Number 10 also denied that Durham police had spoken to any member of Cummings' family. A claim which has now been sown to be false.

Revealed: Police spoke to Dominic Cummings' father twice over 260-mile trip to Durham "Revelation comes after Downing Street initially denied there had been any contact at all between Durham Constabulary and Mr Cummings Snr."

So who lied to whom? Cummings to number 10, or number 10 to the press?

Before the usual suspects start with their accusations of PC, left wing, anti Tory bias; note that report comes from The Telegraph!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, evadgib said:
2 hours ago, jimmyswale said:

Shouty man with a low count YT channel - you know the pack drill !

...and the content?

From what I saw before the Mods removed it (and no, I didn't report it) it was a man ranting on and on about his opinion being fact and that all those who didn't agree were too stupid to understand.

Sounds very like a certain member of this board!

• Like 2