Woodchipping the hard way.

Nothing in the farm budget again this year to buy a dinky dye wood chipper so once again I am using the slasher to reduce the waste from pruning.  There is to much left behind that doesn't get reduced.   So for the next 3 months as I  walk around doing other jobs I will be picking up sticks!  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mikemi said:

omg bees

but arent they good for the farm? pollination and stuff

Yes we do like bees in the orchard...especially later in the year when we have buds on the trees.   I gave the bees a few days to build a new hive. Yesterday they were gone so the bees are now in their new home and doing bee stuff.   And the pruning waste is reduced.   Funny thing, on the first pass of the second last row a grey cobra popped up about half a metre in front of the tractor, saw me coming and slithered off in the other direction...which is pleasing to me! 

13 minutes ago, FEBiochar said:

Making some biochar out of that woody biomass may be easier & have better outcomes for your soil. Check out WarmHeart work on this in Nth Thailand

You sure that name is right?  Google it and it's a children's help business. 

13 hours ago, FEBiochar said:

A quick look at the link suggests to me your on the right path to do something good for the peasants.  Pity the government isn't doing more to solve the problems.  Yer I  know,  the ag department does as much as they can to help...but sometimes problems need a national approach. 

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Grumpy John, the Australian Phantom Slasher.:thumbsup:

Not much of a phantom mate.  And I only do it to help out the missus which aids the synergy of our relationship.  Being out in the hot sun all day riding an equally hot tractor isn't on my bucket list!  Well, truth be told I would rather lay in the pool all-day sipping iced tea and watching old movies.  Then on the other hand I like a few challenges...so I do stuff.   Like  converting the dog house into a shed for the missus to store her chemi....and a dunny.  Not much of a shed,  nearly finished,  not very well made but happiness is a wife not complaining.  ????

IMG20200529110245.jpg

IMG20200529110305.jpg

• Like 2