Best Handydrives Available In Thailand

chevykanteve

Brand names really aren't a good indication for handydrive quality (or for any product, at that). It may give a rough guesstimate, especially for service issues, but since most brand names will have various lines with extremely varying quality, you should look more into the model. Kingston for example makes dozens of different lines of handydrives, and the speed difference between the fastest and slowest is huge.

What you should look for is speed (fast, slow), dimensions (too big, too small, just right), innovation (like a cap you can't lose, or one that's built-in, etc), features. Forget about any included software, very few people actually make use of it.

Thumbdrives usually don't exceed a few GB, unless they're very expensive. If you want lots of storage, get a portable hard drive.

I have just purchased a 2 gigabyte Kingston USB2.0 flash drive for Baht560 at Pantip Plaza.

It was on sale at that time. Other stores are selling a 4 gigabyte drive but I won't be putting anything that much into my flash drive so I settled for the 2 gigabyte one...

Thanks, fellows. This is all very useful (and interesting) information for me. I'm astonished as to how cheap these devices are getting. I bought a 1/2 gig Kingmax handydrive here in Roi-et one year ago for 1,200 baht and a 1/4 gig device two years ago (albeit with mp3 player) for 1,800 baht. In reading your posts, it's so apparent how the storage is increasing by degrees of magnitude with commensurate drops in pricing.

Guest Reimar
Thanks, fellows. This is all very useful (and interesting) information for me. I'm astonished as to how cheap these devices are getting. I bought a 1/2 gig Kingmax handydrive here in Roi-et one year ago for 1,200 baht and a 1/4 gig device two years ago (albeit with mp3 player) for 1,800 baht. In reading your posts, it's so apparent how the storage is increasing by degrees of magnitude with commensurate drops in pricing.

It's also a question how much you will/want invest?!

The 4 Gig fro Apacer is as low as 1,060.00 Bhat. But if you want more space, faster speed and maybe a isplay as well, why not go for an iPod? Runs on PC as well and for around 10,000.00 Baht available with 30 Gig!

I brought a 4gb Kingston traveller II for my daughter today in fortune tower for 1,080

....But if you want more space, faster speed and maybe a isplay as well, why not go for an iPod? Runs on PC as well and for around 10,000.00 Baht available with 30 Gig!

Why not go for an external Hard Drive or at a fraction of the cost of an Ipod and heaps more storage :o

....But if you want more space, faster speed and maybe a isplay as well, why not go for an iPod? Runs on PC as well and for around 10,000.00 Baht available with 30 Gig!

Why not go for an external Hard Drive or at a fraction of the cost of an Ipod and heaps more storage :o

On this subject I also got a netgear dual drive remote LAN box today at fortune tower and two 750gbs drives for slightly more than 10,000.

I agree a better way to go as you can share it with most devices on the LAN, wintel, apple, *nix

I got a nice aluminium external hard drive for 1,300 baht at Fortune, plugged in a 320 gig SATA hard drive. Can back up my entire computer (60 gigs) in 10 minutes. Yes it's big, yes its heavy, but it carries every file I own and is doubly useful for smiting our computer engineer when he does something particularly stupid.

Personally I prefer flash cards over thumb drives, but mostly because I need to swap data between different devices. The Kingston Ultimate SD cards have excellent speed (120x) - shifting large amounts of data is a breeze. I recently bought a 'normal' Kingston card and it is dog slow by comparison.

On this subject I also got a netgear dual drive remote LAN box today at fortune tower and two 750gbs drives for slightly more than 10,000.

I agree a better way to go as you can share it with most devices on the LAN, wintel, apple, *nix

Can you remember which store?

Thanks