Bus company fined 10,000 baht for ripping off passenger

webfact

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If you think charging double because you are forced to carry only half the passengers is corruption and a rip-off then we'll have to agree to disagree. It's basic economics. If they don't do that then they'll operate at a loss. I would have thought that was obvious even to a child. I'm glad for them that you are not their business manager because you clearly don't have a clue how to operate such a business. If they kept the fare at the same level then they would not have a business for long.

Despite the inaccurate and inflammatory headline there was no rip-off but, instead, sound business sense. So now I'll repeat my original question which you conveniently ignored so you could divert the topic to suit your own agenda. This thread has nothing at all to do with agents who charge a VIP fare for a ramshackle old bus. Nothing at all. What is your solution when you can by law carry only half the passengers you used to? I look forward to your answer.

Order a few double decker buses from the UK...charge 4 times the normal fare because they can...

• Confused 1