Pleasant Surprise when I Received the Electric Bill

ianezy0

Just received my electric bill for the month in my Pratumnak Condo.

281 units used for the month.

I was expecting a bill for approx. 1,200 baht (4.5 Baht per unit)

Total bill = 182.72 Baht!

Thanks Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

admin may have made a mistake ....  will have to get onto your Pratumnak condo and get them to double check it again

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Total bill sounds like the discount is 182.72 Baht, or as Steve100 said above, it's an error, sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, ours went down about 400 baht, but there is 6 of us here and our bill was 1145.00 Baht.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Huh.

Mine was the same as always around 1,000 b.

As I remember reading, the government announced a discount for people to help reduce the larger bills with being at home most of the time. They also stated the initial 9 units of water would be free but this must have been for houses because mine was the normal amount.

Sorry, I tried to find the announcement but couldn't find it but I did read it somewhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Total bill sounds like the discount is 182.72 Baht, or as Steve100 said above, it's an error, sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, ours went down about 400 baht, but there is 6 of us here and our bill was 1145.00 Baht.

Yes not sure 4MyEgo but here is a copy and I did indeed only pay 182 Baht.

IMG_5365.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I used a 100 more units and the bill amount .was the same as may bill to the bhat. Sit looks like I could have used more aircon and the bill would have been the same... Yeah not sure if next month will be the same.. So should I use more or not? Lol 

3 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

I used a 100 more units and the bill amount .was the same as may bill to the bhat. Sit looks like I could have used more aircon and the bill would have been the same... Yeah not sure if next month will be the same.. So should I use more or not? Lol 

Yeah not too sure mate. Others said it could be a mistake. I was hoping to prepare others for good news on their bill but not sure now!!!!??????

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

Did you get a discount on your last bill? If you did not then they gave you the discount which should have been given last month.

I did check my last bill. 251 units used and bill was 957 Baht. I couldn't see any discount and the rate is usually around 4.4 to 4.5 Baht per unit. So you could be correct ripstanley?

I'm bewildered. My condo is populated by Thais and farangs with reasonable resources. My electricity bill for May was zero. Invoice said FREE.

My GF's house in a Thai rural village surrounded by rice farms had a bill of 520 baht for May. I would have thought they needed it more than I do. The house actually uses less aircon than I do.

• Confused 1

I don't have a clue what they are up to, our bill ( we didn't get one ) this month, was we had to go to the office where they said the bill this month is the same as last month if usage is higher, which as it turns out it is, so the bill which was 1176 was reduced to 1141 , the same as last month, which was initially 1683 before the discount.

You take the previous bill and they tack on the new bill, which is of course incomprehensible because the print quality is worse than an old ATM receipt, and it is in Thai.

God knows why but the clerk was wearing one of the toy soldier uniforms and was a complete ar*ehole.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I read somewhere that for 1-2 months they will apply the calculation based on the consumption of February. 

I wonder if thats the reason. You will see from the copy of my bill, Feb usage was only 44 units. The place was empty then as I only moved in in April?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Yes not sure 4MyEgo but here is a copy and I did indeed only pay 182 Baht.

IMG_5365.jpeg

Ok, you are correct, you had a low usage in February "44" and as they have been applying the discounts, it works like this, You will have 3 months discount at the February rate, March usage was 58, you will pay the same usage as February's usage of 44, and then for April your usage was 251, again you will pay for February's usage of 44.

Lucky you, however, it appears you were away for long periods during February and March to get your discount, have you received your March and April bills yet, because they should be the same, e.g. 44 units multiplied by the rate they apply to give you the 182 baht total figure.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I don't have a clue what they are up to, our bill ( we didn't get one ) this month, was we had to go to the office where they said the bill this month is the same as last month if usage is higher, which as it turns out it is, so the bill which was 1176 was reduced to 1141 , the same as last month, which was initially 1683 before the discount.

You take the previous bill and they tack on the new bill, which is of course incomprehensible because the print quality is worse than an old ATM receipt, and it is in Thai.

God knows why but the clerk was wearing one of the toy soldier uniforms and was a complete ar*ehole.

Today I went and  paid  for the two meters accounts  on  our property  for two separate  buildings.

When I went  last  month they did  not want  my  money and  gave  me some information that has  now  proved incorrect.

However today they took my payment  without comment for  two accounts  which by  my calculation were near 50% less  than what would  be nominally usual for the  last  billing period and  definitely so for the previous which they  declined  payment  but incorporated at discount  into the  next.

All good and  cleared away.

But  yes, I was intrigued  by the  fact that the  cashier was not the usual person and that the majority of  staff in the PEA office were uniformedly uniformed in some  pseudo military style garments with obligatory  medal  stripes !? I was  almost  expecting to hear a whistle  blast  to direct  the  next  payee  but alas I was  the  only  person there  to  submit  payment. That is  not  to say I  did not  get the computer voice  call for  my  queue  number that was issued outside after  the obligatory  hand washing ceremony at the entrance. ( Nice  smelling   soap  though !  555)

Apart from the  computer  generated  summons the whole procedure was  carried  out  in silent anoniminity from  behind  masks! But I  have  the  receipts  to prove  it happened ! lol

Edited by Dumbastheycome
additional crucial information....maybe

We have a house. Bills are in wife's name. We always pay over the counter cash. Our April bill, payment due date 1 May, we could not pay. Tried several times. Discovered no one round here could. Eventually around 15 May we learned it could now be paid. The actual amount we paid was discounted by 2/3rds on the sum showing on the bill. Our May bill showed similar consumption to April but this time the bill itself was discounted and showing the amount due the same as we actually paid for April.

So the two hottest months and lots of Aircon heavily discounted. 

June- who knows? 

But we are very grateful as we have saved nearly 3000 baht so far. 

We also registered for the return of the meter deposit we paid when the house was connected. Still awaiting that, unless the wife hasn't owned up to receiving it????

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ok, you are correct, you had a low usage in February "44" and as they have been applying the discounts, it works like this, You will have 3 months discount at the February rate, March usage was 58, you will pay the same usage as February's usage of 44, and then for April your usage was 251, again you will pay for February's usage of 44.

Lucky you, however, it appears you were away for long periods during February and March to get your discount, have you received your March and April bills yet, because they should be the same, e.g. 44 units multiplied by the rate they apply to give you the 182 baht total figure.

I only moved into the condo in April! Thanks for the info. Just dropped lucky I guess. However, I did pay the full amount for the 251 units last month (957 Baht) Cheers

Edited by ianezy0

My Feb bill was 741 baht from 195 units, this month i used 334 units yet my bill was the same as Feb's ( 741 baht ), a discount of 528 baht !!

Now, if the gf can only get the 2,000 baht for the meter, 5,000 baht from Prayut and the 2,000 promised from the Tessabahn then she will be happy !! 

14 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

I only moved into the condo in April! Thanks for the info. Just dropped lucky I guess. However, I did pay the full amount for the 251 units last month (957 Baht) Cheers

That's strange, do you pay to the owner or direct ?

We receive a bill for 2,800 Baht and then about 2 days later we got a bill for 600 and change. The 2,800 Baht bill does not show up in the system. Only the bill for 600 something. Last month our bill was 3500+ and it was adjusted to around 1800. No complaints.

I have been very impressed with the electric companies offering the discount. I normally use around 400-500 units but the last two months have been 650-800. Thank you PEA, and MEA for helping a lot of people during this period.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My May bill went down by about 1200 baht for almost the same usage the month before, about half. Luvly jubbly!!! Cheers!!!????????????????????????????????

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

admin may have made a mistake ....  will have to get onto your Pratumnak condo and get them to double check it again

I got a bill 1600 baht they deduct 1600 total amount 0. then yesterday got a reminder to pay 1600 baht .. date was 25. may i did not pay ... so lady then pay 1600 ....she do not want to ask why the bill like so .. she said wait and see what the computer do .....