Gastroenterologist needed

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Sheryl said:

Prof. Varocha Mahachai. Bangkok Hospital and can also be seen once or twice a week at RSU Health Digestive clinic

My experience was pretty bad with this doctor, a lot of needless tests and in result "dont worry about it, maybe it will fix itself", well it did not fix and become way worse. doctor is somewhat possessed with Helicobacter infection and try to treat it regardless if your symptom related to it, offering expensive tests and medication.

I still have abdominal pain problem and it putting huge strain on me, i have seen couple other doctors and had no success in finding what causes it.

Sheryl do you have other suggestions, like is there possible to find like best doctor in thailand, like the one person at the top of power pyramid will use?

Edited by TacoKhun

On 6/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Sheryl said:

Prof. Varocha Mahachai. Bangkok Hospital and can also be seen once or twice a week at RSU Health Digestive clinic

I saw her for an endoscopy a few years back, thought she was very good.

8 hours ago, TacoKhun said:

My experience was pretty bad with this doctor, a lot of needless tests and in result "dont worry about it, maybe it will fix itself", well it did not fix and become way worse. doctor is somewhat possessed with Helicobacter infection and try to treat it regardless if your symptom related to it, offering expensive tests and medication.

I still have abdominal pain problem and it putting huge strain on me, i have seen couple other doctors and had no success in finding what causes it.

Sheryl do you have other suggestions, like is there possible to find like best doctor in thailand, like the one person at the top of power pyramid will use?

Following Sheryl's recommendation, I did see Dr Varocha. She is Bangkok Hospital's top Gastro'. As with all Thais though, I did not feel I was in the presence of someone who knew what they were doing! I find myself having to prompt them and think for them.

With doctors the world over, it is always a matter of finding the ONE who knows his stuff and in Thailand it's even harder.

Sheryl do you have other suggestions, like to find like best Gastro doctor in Thailand?

Problem.... antibiotic damage to gut. Location.... Bkk. .... Thanks!

Edited by DaRoadrunner

Dr Jaruwat Yossambat at Chiangmai Ram (considered to be the best gastroenterologist in CM) referred me to Dr Sutep Gonlachanvit at Vichaiyut here in Bangkok.  Dr Yossambat said he is the “foremost expert in gastrointestinal motility In all of SE Asia” (his words...not mine).  Might be worth checking him out.  An appointment with him runs around ฿1200

https://www.vichaiyut.com/en/profile_doctor/dr-sutep-gonlachanvit/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Following Sheryl's recommendation, I did see Dr Varocha. She is Bangkok Hospital's top Gastro'. As with all Thais though, I did not feel I was in the presence of someone who knew what they were doing! I find myself having to prompt them and think for them.

With doctors the world over, it is always a matter of finding the ONE who knows his stuff and in Thailand it's even harder.

Sheryl do you have other suggestions, like to find like best Gastro doctor in Thailand?

Problem.... antibiotic damage to gut. Location.... Bkk. .... Thanks!

I suspect a large part of your difficilty is that you have made a self diagnosis and have trouble getting a doctor to agree with it.

Changing doctors is not likely to help. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I suspect a large part of your difficilty is that you have made a self diagnosis and have trouble getting a doctor to agree with it.

i noticed that many of doctors especially here in thailand, does not want or dont feel motivated to work with cases somewhat out of the way. "Ultrasound fine? Endo fine? Well then i dont know, whats your problem, probably your imagination". While quick search on google shows many uncommon conditions that may manifistate itself with similar symptoms, but doctor never tried to pursue further.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:16 AM, Sheryl said:

You presume to much. I am not quite that stupid.

The doctor agreed with my diagnosis, in fact she even made a copy of a medical paper I brought along from the National Library of Medicine USA. I stand by my comments.

Edited by DaRoadrunner

• 6 months later...