Repatriation from the UK

Jumbo1968

Does anyone know how to get a repatriation flight from the U.K., my partner and son are here with me, looking at various opinions it looks like international flights could be put back another month till the 1st of July. I have emailed the Thai Embassy in London but I received no reply, I live in the N.E. of England so travelling to London is not really an option. Currently my partner appears to be ok but our son could if the schools open miss out out on some of the term. I could try ad book flights but there is o guarantee the flights will happen plus I would end singles or take a chance ad apply for refund on the second leg.

to be honest your wife should be sorting out the permissions from the Thai embassy in London, can not be that hard for a Thai speaker as thousands seem to have arranged the repatriation flights from various countries

• Like 2

Your wife needs to call the Thai embassy in London. They should be able to tell her what paperwork is required and what flights are available. The Thai embassy in the US certainly organised everything for our daughter coming back from California.

I have just checked EVA Air, flights are over a £1000 for a return albeit we only need singles which are similarly priced, it would be over £2000 money I can ill afford. We still have the B.A. Vouchers but no idea when they will actually’ resume flights, I assume I have to fund the flights ?

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have just checked EVA Air, flights are over a £1000 for a return albeit we only need singles which are similarly priced, it would be over £2000 money I can ill afford. We still have the B.A. Vouchers but no idea when they will actually’ resume flights, I assume I have to fund the flights ?

You have to coordinate everything through the embassy and yes Thai nationals have to pay for their flights and will be subject to 14 days mandatory quarantine

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have just checked EVA Air, flights are over a £1000 for a return albeit we only need singles which are similarly priced, it would be over £2000 money I can ill afford.

If you cannot afford something, most people don't buy it.  

Hi, why not send your wife and child back on repatriation flights ? Get your wife to arrange everything with the Thai Embassy .You can join them later, but it will be on charter flight which will cost more than before due to to the shutdown. I saw Economy Emirates 950€ .  I think they ( wife and son) have to spend 14 days in quarantine. If you fly after July, maybe the quarantine rule will be dropped, but, you will need a health certificate to prove you have no Covid 19, and a 100 000$ health insurance covering Covid 19. End of June will have more up to date correct rules announced. Probably you are better riding it out till then. 

14 hours ago, Greenhill said:

You have to be a Thai passport holder in order to take advantage of the repatriation flights into Thailand.

Aren't the three persons who wish to repatriate all Thai nationals?

1. In the topic title the OP, of undisclosed sex, mentions repatriation from the UK to an undisclosed country.
  2. In his or her post, the OP mentions having emailed the Thai embassy in London, which suggests that it is about repatriation to Thailand, which in turn suggests that the three persons who wish to repatriate, ie himself or herself and his or her partner of undefined partnership status and his or her son, are all from Thailand and are Thai nationals.
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 6:40 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

A repatriation flight from London to Bangkok was £560 ten days ago

4 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

A repatriation flight from London to Bangkok was £560 ten days ago

Thanks I found that out after my original post, I am just hoping we can all return together but I can’t see that happening due to the levels of Covid19 in the U.K. Question on many peoples ‘lips’ is how long can Thailand keep its borders closed throwing thousands of people out of work with no money or does that not concern the Government ?

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Thanks I found that out after my original post, I am just hoping we can all return together but I can’t see that happening due to the levels of Covid19 in the U.K. Question on many peoples ‘lips’ is how long can Thailand keep its borders closed throwing thousands of people out of work with no money or does that not concern the Government ?

Thailand will keep restrictions, while allowing a controlled number of both Thai's and foreigners per day back, for as long as it will take for the virus to subside in the countries they come from. Not about money. 

Edited by MikeyIdea