Border Crossing In Loei

I just got back from a visa-run at Tha Li in Loei province. They haven't been doing it very long, but there is no problem doing it at the moment.

You get your exit stamp and then you can take a tuk-tuk (20 baht) across to Xiong. It's about a kilometre to get there.

When you are at the Laos side you have to apply for a visa on arrival. For this you will need to bring a passport sized photo. The visa cost 1400 baht for UK residents.

After you have the visa you can get yoour entry stamp from another office. There is a 15 baht charge for the stamp.

You have the option of looking around the makeshift market - which makes Mae Sai look like Siam Paragon! Althought they do have Beer Lao priced at 450 baht for a box of 24 cans.

After this you can get the exit stamp (free!) and take a tuk-tuk back to Thailand (30 baht on the way back).

They don't see many foreigners here, so everyone is very helpful and extremely friendly.

I am in Dan Sai at the moment, so this was incredibly handy for me - but if you live in Nan, Uttaradit, Phi'lok, Phetchabun, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu then this is much easier than going to Nong Khai!

Hope this info can help someone.

I just got back from a visa-run at Tha Li in Loei province. They haven't been doing it very long, but there is no problem doing it at the moment.

You get your exit stamp and then you can take a tuk-tuk (20 baht) across to Xiong. It's about a kilometre to get there.

When you are at the Laos side you have to apply for a visa on arrival. For this you will need to bring a passport sized photo. The visa cost 1400 baht for UK residents.

After you have the visa you can get yoour entry stamp from another office. There is a 15 baht charge for the stamp.

You have the option of looking around the makeshift market - which makes Mae Sai look like Siam Paragon! Althought they do have Beer Lao priced at 450 baht for a box of 24 cans.

After this you can get the exit stamp (free!) and take a tuk-tuk back to Thailand (30 baht on the way back).

They don't see many foreigners here, so everyone is very helpful and extremely friendly.

I am in Dan Sai at the moment, so this was incredibly handy for me - but if you live in Nan, Uttaradit, Phi'lok, Phetchabun, Loei, Nong Bua Lamphu then this is much easier than going to Nong Khai!

Hope this info can help someone.

that is good to know, can i ask you if they were requiring on-ward flight tickets within 30 days or proof of 10k baht security on your person? the cambodian border crossings are looking extremely unpleasant from ticket requirements to varying methods of adding up your days of stay, sounds like chaos. :o

They asked for neither 10000 baht or an air ticket - which was just as well as I was totally soaking from Songkhran and had neither with me!

My only other experience was Mae Sai - and it was more hassle at the border, but it takes a lot less time to get there!

They also did not write anything about the days, they did ask me about it - but I said I hardly ever do this as I had just quit a job and was returning home to Scotland soon.