Horse breeders demand answers

snoop1130

Horse breeders demand answers

By The Nation

800_d8ecb0f5722f2be.jpeg

Representatives of Thai horse breeders filed a letter to Anwar Salae, chairman of the Commerce and Intellectual Property Committee, complaining about the death of more than 600 horses nationwide. 

Dr Shettapong Meksumpun, one of the representatives, said it was the committee's responsibility to find out the source of the African Horse Sickness. 

They also said it is necessary to get a relevant organisation to help find a sustainable solution, because there are many more horses at risk. 

Anwar admitted that the death of horses was a serious matter and must be dealt with efficiently. He said this disease had been brought into the country through trafficked wildlife, that his committee will also have to consider the problem from a commercial perspective.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389397

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-10

• Like 1

I will save then a lot of time

The Customs Department failed to coordinate with Bureau of Disease Control and Veterinary Services and allowed the transshipment of Zebras through Thailand with eventual destination of China 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said this disease had been brought into the country through trafficked wildlife

So what's to investigate ? 

• Thanks 2

I'll never understand why they need/want horses here anyways. Aside from them sh!tting up the beaches carrying daft tourists up and down the coast, I've never seen a horse used for anything else anywhere in the Kingdom. 

1 hour ago, djayz said:

I'll never understand why they need/want horses here anyways. Aside from them sh!tting up the beaches carrying daft tourists up and down the coast, I've never seen a horse used for anything else anywhere in the Kingdom. 

Try visiting Lampang in the North West - horse drawn carriages are a regular sight:-

Lampang horse carriage 'Let's have a sightseeing in Lampang wagon'

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Shettapong Meksumpun, one of the representatives, said it was the committee's responsibility to find out the source of the African Horse Sickness. 

Unfortunately the committee said neigh. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

I will save then a lot of time

The Customs Department failed to coordinate with Bureau of Disease Control and Veterinary Services and allowed the transshipment of Zebras through Thailand with eventual destination of China 

So what's to investigate ? 

Why he didnt get an envelope!

The Wild bunch, playing at been cowboys,white hats and black hats,one even has a star .

58 people dead with Covid 19, 600 horses dead with African horse disease,good job it

cannot be passed on to humans.....yet,maybe someone has to eat a dead horse.

regards worgeordie