Where and When to Buy Repo Car?

Banana7

With the current economic downturn due to the lock-down and lack of tourists, are there many people unable to make car/truck payments? How long do banks, lenders and leasing companies wait after the payments stop before repossessing a vehicle? Where are the repossessed vehicle sold? Has anyone every bought a repo vehicle?

5 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

How long do banks, lenders and leasing companies wait after the payments stop before repossessing a vehicle?

I believe the finance companies have "postponed" the need for payments until the "state of emergency" is lifted, so hopes of a big glut of cheap repossessed vehicles may not materialise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be careful a Thai friend told me that they know when it will be take and they sell parts of the car in exchange for old worn out parts. IE tires steering and engine parts. there was a an auction at the back of big c on sukimvit a lot of the trucks and cars were very rough and they don't discount much compared to a  to a main dealership who only sell grade 1 secondhand cars

• Like 2

I can' t remember but a falang guy has a couple of videos on utube about where in BKK to buy them. Good prices and room to negotiate of course if your canny. Sorry can't recall the guy. I think he was a Pom and a tab past middle age.

• Thanks 1