Buying House+Land in Thailand from Parents in Germany

Hello Members,

My Thai girlfriend and I decided to buy property in Thailand under her name.

We are not married yet and i am staying in Thailand with an Elite Visa.

My parents in Germany want to gift us the house+land, transfering 2.8Mio THB in total from Germany.

Since i am not able to own Land in Thailand and my parents neither, my parents would like to pay the house for her and we live in there together obviously.

How is the regulation about this?

Can my parents transfer the full amount from Germany and my girlfriend can own the Land+Property after?

And just for the typical forum warriors, yes i know that i have no rights, yes i know she can do with the house whatever she wants, i am fully aware of it and fine with my decision.

Glad to get some informations about it just in case somebody had a similiar circumstance.

Cheers,

SiHo

23 minutes ago, SiHo said:

My parents in Germany want to gift us the house+land, transfering 2.8Mio THB in total from Germany.

Gift HER the house and land.

Nobody could be this stupid, so you must be the n00b wordy troll back again with a new account.

555 ........... "My parents want to buy my Thai girlfriend a house" first time I've heard this variation on the story.

If it were me, I'd want my parents to buy ME a house in my home country.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Gift HER the house and land.

Nobody could be this stupid, so you must be the n00b wordy troll back again with a new account.

555 ........... "My parents want to buy my Thai girlfriend a house" first time I've heard this variation on the story.

If it were me, I'd want my parents to buy ME a house in my home country.

Agree

I was trying to post before to say go for it if you have the dosh & not worry 

First time poster with an Elite Visa 

& knowing what the Worriers think

OP, I'm actually doing something similar.

I would have all the money transferred into YOUR Thai bank account, then just use it for purchase as required. The money does not need to be in her account but up to you. As you stated, your fully aware of your lack of equity. Hopefully you will use lawyer with the purchase. Best of luck.

Edited by DrJack54

The regular protection -if you think that you need it-is to organise a usufruct.

If this is constructed correctly-then you will have the legal right to stay in the property for the rest of your life.Even if the house is sold.

I think that complications arise(with a usufruct) if and when you marry your girlfriend.

Seek  legal advise!

Edited by Delight

You can take the usufruct route, as long as you are not married.

Even then you should transfer the funds to your Thai bank, not hers. The cashier cheque you bring along to the land office should be from your bank account and the current proprietary as payee.

So you can at least prove that the funds came from you. Don’t sign anything at the land office if asked so. You are not part of the deal.

On 6/18/2020 at 11:34 PM, CLS said:

You can take the usufruct route, as long as you are not married.

Even then you should transfer the funds to your Thai bank, not hers. The cashier cheque you bring along to the land office should be from your bank account and the current proprietary as payee.

So you can at least prove that the funds came from you. Don’t sign anything at the land office if asked so. You are not part of the deal.

Suggest that the usufruct is organised at the same time as the transfer is organised.