Where can look / buy for used farm equipment

Hi.

We are thinking to start a small scale farm about cow.

My question is, are her any internet site, where i can look for used farmin equipment?

I looking for small tractor aprox 50 hp with front loader, trailer with water tank, and trailer with disc spreader for "dry" cow<deleted>.

If not have trailer for spread <deleted>, maybe have bucket with spreader? I know old people used that here in norway until the 80's. Sorry my bad english. Thanks for all answers ✌

Similar questions have been asked here before. If you scroll through the farming forum, you'll find them. One of my favourites was this one: 

An online site is 

Machino.com

Depending on where you live, there are probably businesses in your province which sell used farm machinery. Just need to ask a few of the locals, do a google search or simply drive around. 

The tractor and loaders in the photo are about 230 000 baht , if you just brought the tractor ,you could buy the loader afterwards ,they is a place near me that sells loaders only ,they are about 70-80 000 baht .

Muck spreaders in Thailand ,most are the disc type ,in this area they are  used mainly for spreading poultry manure ,but can do dry cow manure.

This one is the smallest of the 2 built by this guy, you would still need a 50hp tractor to power it .

This one is 120 000 baht ,the bigger one is 150 000 baht ,this guy has been making them for a few years now ,same guy that made Famerjo's corn drill.

Try Googling farm machinery Chonburi , they are some machinery dealers in the province ,nearly all they stuff is secondhand imported .

RIMG1439.JPG

8 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

A lot of well abused secondhand tractors for sale on the roadside.  The safe bet is buy new if you want it long term.

I have said before  labor is still relatively cheap in Thailand, you could buy a second tractor and re-con it, a local one man band guy near me  rebuilt a Ford 6600, from the ground up 40 000 baht, awhile ago now  say 50k now ,say you got your road side tractor for 250-300k plus rebuild that is cheap tractor.

Machinery dealer near me will sell a recon Ford ,plus paint job ,for about 400 000 .most are from off the boats, not been used in Thailand 

Even a 15-20hp second hand import can be re-coned for 10-15000 , may be less. 

Thanks for answer.

We stay close to prakhon chai, buriram.

But i am currently in Norway, and waiting covid to stop so i can go there. Thats why i want to look on internet, for tractors, so i can make plans when im here in norway.

How will the dry manure go down in ground?

I am thinking manure just will stay on top of gras, and not go down in ground?

Would an easy disc roller help to get the dirt into ground? Or maybe can make a water tank trailer to make manure wet after spread it on ground? 

I am only used to wet cow manure here in norway, and want to experiment and hopefully succes in thailand, and make bigger and bigger farm there. 

8 hours ago, Kallemann said:

How will the dry manure go down in ground

The rain will break it up into tiny pieces and wash into the ground. With time it will completely breakdown/decompose. It's recommendable to spread just before the heavy rains. It's not, however, advisable to spread when the land is wet, as this can lead to tractors getting stuck and/or leaving deep tracks in the ground.

Alternatively, the manure can be ploughed in, which seems to be the most popular option here. 

• Like 1

There was a new law passed last year which banned the import of second hand vehicles. Tractors were an issue at the time but I am unsure of the outcome. 

There are second hand/rebuild outlets in Buriram, Surin and in Sisaket. There are lot of tractors and equipment offered for sale on Facebook Marketplace. 

I have an Iseki TS28 (28HP 4WD) fitted with a front end loader, I have a Kubota rotary, a 5 disc plough and a two row maker. It hasn't been started for years and the hydraulics are shot. Undecided if I will get it rebuilt or sell it. Anyone interested? 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, IsaanAussie said:

There was a new law passed last year which banned the import of second hand vehicles. Tractors were an issue at the time but I am unsure of the outcome. 

There are second hand/rebuild outlets in Buriram, Surin and in Sisaket. There are lot of tractors and equipment offered for sale on Facebook Marketplace. 

I have an Iseki TS28 (28HP 4WD) fitted with a front end loader, I have a Kubota rotary, a 5 disc plough and a two row maker. It hasn't been started for years and the hydraulics are shot. Undecided if I will get it rebuilt or sell it. Anyone interested? 

I forgot that new law, from last year ,a tractor dealer near me brought a 10-12 secondhand Fords,at the beginning  of the year ,imported from Japan.

Not certain when they arrived in Thailand not so long ago, maybe second hand tractors where exempt ,I hope so not every one can afford a  new kubota but in this area they is enough second hand 15-30hp secondhand imports to keep the local farmers happy for a while to come .

On 6/13/2020 at 5:03 PM, IsaanAussie said:

Photos and an estimated price could help you sell it. 

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Photos and an estimated price could help you sell it. 

The blue tractor in post 2 is similar. I would consider any offer around 180,000 baht for the lot as is. I would estimate having to spend about B40K on the engine and hydraulic system. 

Thanks for all answers. 

I think the best internet site i found, is www.mascus.com

@kickstart i really like that manure spreader you show in picture.

maybe later on, i will ask you contact info, to man making them.