Chulalongkorn University vaccine development shows promise

rooster59

Chulalongkorn University vaccine development shows promise

Praphorn Praphornkul

6a9bb644145f03c506920bedfb861c9b_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT)-Since scientists from the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, gave a COVID-19 vaccine candidate to monkeys on May 23, 2020, the results look promising, as the vaccine generated an immune response in four out of five monkeys that received the first doses.

Dr. Kiat Ruxrungtham, director of Chulalongkorn University’s coronavirus vaccine development team, said the team used a DNA-based vaccine, an mRNA-based vaccine and a protein-based vaccine. Initially, they were tested on mice. The mRNA-based vaccine was administered to monkeys. The team cannot draw any conclusions yet, but the vaccine appeared to stimulate an immune response in most of the monkeys.

The team will have to wait for two weeks before the second doses are administered. If all the monkeys develop an immune response, the trial will be an initial success. The vaccine will then be delivered to the United States and Canada for production. They will produce some 10,000 doses, which will be tested on 5,000 human volunteers. If the results are good, the vaccine can then be mass produced.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-06-14

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I'm so proud to be graciously able to stay on a yearly allowance in a country that is so technology great on all worldly levels. I just hope it is true for once!

Spoiler: it's not.  There is a massive difference between saying you are making good progress and releasing a properly tested effective vaccine to the masses.  It's still a year away at best and I can almost guarantee you it won't come from Thailand.

Edited by shdmn

9 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Spoiler: it's not.  There is a massive difference between saying you are making good progress and releasing a properly tested effective vaccine to the masses.  It's still a year away at best and I can almost guarantee you it won't come from Thailand.

Only being facetious. Take this article with less than a grain of salt.

They have a vaccine for the seasonal Flu, but there's still the seasonal flu.

Anyone that believes another toxic "Vaccine" will be any different isn't thinking.

We have an immunity system, we dont need any vaccines <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

"Effective vaccine", never heard of one. Just read the inserts because I'm sure the doctors don't.