Pestle and mortar sounds driving me nuts!

Hello my dear friends, I live in this moobaan for about a year and half now, but these days neighbors pestle and mortar sounds is driving me nuts... I feel I have build a phobia for this thumping sound and gives me in sort of panic attacks! My heart is beating fast. Am I abnormal or do you my friends have this fear of thumping as well...? 

if they're making somtam, I would use this as warning sign to close doors and windows before the putrid smell of crab juice gets added. my neighbours make curries and marinades, so I get ready for the lovely cooking smells when I hear theirs thumping. live with it or move. 

• Like 2

Just let them cook their food, man! At least you made me laugh.

Abnormal? Nah, I can find a load of other expressions that would suit, but not allowed to use them in this forum.

Edited by Matzzon

2 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hello my dear friends, I live in this moobaan for about a year and half now, but these days neighbors pestle and mortar sounds is driving me nuts... I feel I have build a phobia for this thumping sound and gives me in sort of panic attacks! My heart is beating fast. Am I abnormal or do you my friends have this fear of thumping as well...? 

This is so, so sad.

I have this phobia about durian and how to cope with it in extreme circumstances. Sometimes, in the night, I dream that I'm cuddling a durian. I wake up in a sweat and throw the durian hard against the wall. In the morning teddy is on the floor.

You need some reishi wine VillageIdiotY2K.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Am I abnormal or do you my friends have this fear of thumping as well...? 

I understand where you are coming from. I, unfortunately, live where the neighbours play that atrocious, horrid, ghastly, head banging "music", but all I hear is the thump thump thump, just as you do.

I spend much of my day wishing lightning would destroy their infernal machines.

I suggest a pair of good ear plugs while it's going on.

Oh dear God buddha, how would ppl not go insane living in these town houses?

There are no concrete barriers between left and right neighbors and basically they can pikaboo while your washing your undies.

And the gathering, they sit on the floor and have a feast yapping about life while the kids screaming their lungs out for their attention. 

Oh lord Jesus, my heart is pumping fast, and as this continues, I may have a colonary problems requiring surgery.  I don't wanna take blood thinners aspirin as blood will enter my brain. 

Should I retaliate by smoking some ciggies, slamming my beer bottles? 

How's the second hand smoke for your kids and dinner tasting more smoker my friends? 

Oh dear... I'm so <deleted> sad... 

I don't wanna take anti depressant pills