Jetskiers, ATVs...are there any rules?

moontang

16 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Your going to write a letter, lets see  how that works out for you. (especially since you have to identify yourself in the complaint) You saw what happened to a Thai activist who complained about  Thai laws the Government ,ect. He ran to Cambodia for safety.  Disapered and know one  has  a clue what happened , hope your comlaint is worth it to you.

Do you really think there are NO activists or that EVERY single activist gets "disappeared" here? You are pretty paranoid!

And you know nothing about Thailand. There are PLENTY of activists and civil libertarians who are pushing for change in many different areas of society.

I don't know much about said "activist" but I'm pretty sure he wasn't lobbying for any specific cause, instead he was probably trying to overthrow the government or call for more democracy. You might say the latter is a worthy cause, but it's very general and non-specific. Hardly the same thing as calling for a greater enforcement of laws, dealing with a specific local or national issue or changing attitudes. In fact, if anything, the current government would love the opportunity to enforce more laws.

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Do you really think there are NO activists or that EVERY single activist gets "disappeared" here? You are pretty paranoid!

And you know nothing about Thailand. There are PLENTY of activists and civil libertarians who are pushing for change in many different areas of society.

I don't know much about said "activist" but I'm pretty sure he wasn't lobbying for any specific cause, instead he was probably trying to overthrow the government or call for more democracy. You might say the latter is a worthy cause, but it's very general and non-specific. Hardly the same thing as calling for a greater enforcement of laws, dealing with a specific local or national issue or changing attitudes. In fact, if anything, the current government would love the opportunity to enforce more laws.

Thai Gov't Asks Cambodia To Verify Reports of Missing Activist

https://www.voacambodia.com/a/thai-govt-asks-cambodia-to-verify-reports-of-missing-activist/5455427.html

5 hours ago, drbeach said:

Notice the OP will wait until she's home before she's prepared to lodge her complaint.

Why's that?

On 6/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, AndyAndyAndy said:

What you want to discuss. That's how it is in Thailand. If you don't like it, go home. Or stay and whine and complain. You will fit right in this forum. ????

But whatever you do... Don’t attempt to have a discussion on a forum designed specifically for discussion.... 

Because people like AndyAndyAndy will criticise your attempt for open dialogue with some banal attempt at being wise, all seeing and smart !!!

On 6/23/2020 at 4:23 AM, AndyAndyAndy said:

One of the perks of Thailand is, that is lawless state. You can drive without driving licence and pay 200 baht fine. You can get caught speeding every single day and pay 200 Baht fine. ... ... ... In your home country all these things would you land in a jail, would lead to lose of driving licence etc etc etc. But here you are free to enjoy all of these things.

You can't be enjoining these perks and at the same time be pointing finger on somebody who is driving and ATV on the beach. He is enjoying them too.

You are here because it's better here than your home country. So don't try to change it into your home country.

Don’t come crying when some ‘yabba’d up drunk kid’ knocks you off your Fino...  or some tool on a Jet-ski injures you while swimming... 

The ‘perks' you describe are not freedoms...  Only a tool thinks its ok to ‘enjoy the perks’ such as speeding, driving without a license etc... does that extend to drunk driving? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, alacrity said:

Notice the OP will wait until she's home before she's prepared to lodge her complaint.

Why's that?

Because I grew up 20 km from the first Marriott.  The hamburger stand and the first hotel.  Both have since closed, but their international HQ is still closeby in Bethesda.  Get it?