Reset Hotmail Password

petedk

I read someone here received an email asking him to reset the password for his Hotmail. I doubt very much if the email is from Microsoft.

I too have been receiving 2 or 3 emails DAILY at my main email address, asking me to reset my password. I only use my Hotmail account nowadays as an email address for websites sites that require an email address.

I logged DIRECTLY into my Hotmail and there weren't any problems. I would never clink on a link like that unless I myself requested a password change. Only a moron would do that and risk giving all his private details to a phishing site.

I simply delete all these emails and would advise anyone to do the same.

I see there is a thread about phone users being warned of a spike in requests for OTPs. We have to be careful in everything we do nowadays.

Edited by petedk
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, n00dle said:

Wasnt aware people were even using Hotmail anymore

I find it useful for registering on sites that could be a little dubious, for example I download books from several sources.

I have 2 systems of passwords. One that I use for Hotmail and the sites that need registration and a more secure system for serious websites. Hopefully, in that way if anyone ever does hack my Hotmail they are completely unaware of any of the serious websites and my real email address. 

Edited by petedk