Thailand 5G compatible smartphone

WorriedNoodle

I'm in the market for a new smart phone and was thinking maybe a 5G model to be somewhat future proof tho I don't expect much need for 5G as my 4G works fine?!

What specs should I look for in 5G bands to be compatible with Thai service providers? I use True and DTAC if it matters? Are the 5G spectrum's final yet?

Thanks.

Sorry - meant to put this in the mobile sub forum!

Edited by WorriedNoodle

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

It will be years before Thailand gets 5G. But if you want one now i would suggest the Samsung S10 5G, on Lazada now under 20,000 baht.

Does it work? The Ais Web site only lists the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G as a compatible phone for their network for that brand. That phone has a different 5G band (uses 2, 5, 41, 66, 71, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave - SM-G988U) to the Samsung S10 5G (uses 78 NSA/Sub6) according to GSMArena phone comparisons. All those 5G band numbers are gobbledygook for most of us anyway.

From what I understand all the new phones coming out of China have 5G on sale now in Thailand but the compatibility with Thai networks is not guaranteed.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, Henryford said:

It will be years before Thailand gets 5G. But if you want one now i would suggest the Samsung S10 5G, on Lazada now under 20,000 baht.

I was sitting in my Grab car at Chiang Mai CenFet. A billboard across the superhighway big as a highrise emblazoned AIS 5G!!! I didn't like the green. Perhaps you're a step or two behind?

• Like 1

Any phone with Snapdragon 865 processor. Redmi k30 Pro is a cost effective choice. Don't know if it will work in Thailand but 5g is a universal standard so I expect every 5g device to work with every 5g network..