Greenhouse, Shaded Cloth House Advice Needed

stament

I want to grow some vegetables and have read quite a few articles in here and spoke to people about the best cheapest method to go with.

My initial thoughts were a wooden frame with green shade cloth on the roof and the sides to keep the bugs away. Some people told me this wouldn't keep the bugs away though. I'm not sure why to be honest and that bug screening would be better supplemented by shading on the inside.

I really don't want to go to the expense of building a greenhouse unless it's absolutely necessary as growing vegetables will be an experiment in itself for me in this climate and I might not be that successful so don't want to be left with a greenhouse if unsuccessful.

I must add we also have dogs and chickens so my thinking is bug screening won't be strong enough which leads me back to the black and green shading that I see Thais use. I'm hoping this will be sufficient to keep bugs and birds out and grow some vegetables and salad such as tomatoes, lettuces, etc. 

I'm unsure even about what colour shading cloth to use as some people say green and some people say black.

We are based in Lamphun, Thailand if that makes a difference.

Would welcome some users thoughts and experiences on this. 

Many thanks.

27 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Global House. Sourced out at least 6 other providers. That cost included delivery of 60 km.

Aha of course ???? I thought it was a term for size or somthing. How many M2 is it ? 

Correction on price about 31K for two greenhouses. Go back on my thread and see photos of what can be done and this is an ongoing project.. 

GH is about 20mlx4mwx8mt. Just the steel is about 31k. Cover and labour is extra. There are 3 people working on it all locals that do this for their livening. The steel was sourced from GH Surin. Photos from today. Tomorrow should have more. You only see 1 unit as there will be 2 side by side. Each unit has 22 legs which will be set in concrete. This area is the fill from the pond.

Making a dream. Aka pond/lake

This is in Kap Choeng Surin where my wife is involved with the DLD on a "cow" project. I have a thread going on it.  As of most of isaan our area lacks big time for water. On the main part where her cow project is we have 3 wells and two ponds. She has always had a dream of doing something beside growing rice on another part of her farm which is directly opposite from the DLD project. BTW over 100 head and growing. SOOOO after numerous consultations the bullet was bit. She has a 6 rai sect 

Looks more like they have just managed to get the roof frame airborne. Starting to straighten things up. They had the roof structure pretty good before the lift you can see the next one assembled on the ground to the left. Clever way of adjusting the height of each post. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

Hey KB, any chance on a set of photos looking at the finished greenhouses? 

Yes. When it gets finished. To busy growing produce and taking to TOPS. Me boss was up there again yesterday with a load of produce then after she returned was out at the greenhouse taking care of her 50 or so grape trees until about 9 last night. She will probably cover them about November.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, IsaanAussie said:

Looks more like they have just managed to get the roof frame airborne. Starting to straighten things up. They had the roof structure pretty good before the lift you can see the next one assembled on the ground to the left. Clever way of adjusting the height of each post. 

Yer, I figured that from the holes on the ground on that side.  I was fishing for some but hurt comments...but I was using the wrong bait obviously.  There is a sheit stirrer trapped inside me trying to get out....  ????

• Like 1