What languge will we be speaking in 1000 years.

nausea

On 6/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, ThaidDown said:

1000 years is a long time, but as a guess the only two languages being spoken would be

'tree' and 'cockroach'

Humans and other animal species would be long gone.

Exactly and obviously. Maybe pulps, rats, ants, too, they are strong and can survive. If there is still advanced life. Could be only micro-organisms with pollution and climate though.

The OP does not seriously think human will be on this planet in 1000 years ? ???? Not even 100 years imo.

Another candidate would be BIT. Like binary digit. Or Quantum data. I mean Artificial Intelligence. 

On 6/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, nausea said:

What languge will we be speaking in 1000 years?

I am surprise that there are already 5 pages of comments to this question. My comment is who cares?

BTW, I copied the title and also noticed you didn't spell language correctly (or is that a British spelling? ????).

Maybe we won't be speaking at all. As it currently stands many gen. Z kids barely can hold a conversation. Same goes for some millennials. 

If we are speaking it will likely be a combination of Spanish and Mandarin. The US and the UK are becoming less relevant by the day. 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, BritManToo said:

In the western world,

Rome fell nearly 2,000 years ago, before then it was Greek.

The Chinese appear to have been happy in China, doesn't appear to be any impetus for that to change.

But if white folk continue to fail to reproduce,

Europe will probably be speaking Arabic or Urdu, and the Americas will be speaking Spanish.

In answer to the question: NONE, there will be no more language spoken as there won't be any world i.e. any civilization left.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:46 PM, Catoni said:

Well... if Elon Musk and others have their way, our descendants will be migrating to other star systems within 1000 years.

Other star systems don't deserve us to be inflicted on them. I hope we never leave planet earth before polluting ourselves to extinction.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Other star systems don't deserve us to be inflicted on them. I hope we never leave planet earth before polluting ourselves to extinction.

In western industrialized free competitive enterprise countries you’ll have a long wait for being polluted to death. We’re cleaning up our countries at a fast rate. Except perhaps for some areas controlled by leftist mayors and governors or premiers. A lot of areas controlled by the left are beginning to look like polluted third world dictatorships or communist regions. 

Nope!   When we go to other star systems, we will terraform planets to improve them for having life live there. Turning dead desolate planets into green watery blue sky worlds. 

In any case... not sure what you mean by “...star systems don’t deserve us”

Star systems with no sentient life don’t care whether we come there to live or not.  Just like a rock does not care whether or not you pick it up and throw it.