Cost of drilling a well in Mae Rim

Jason Green

22 hours ago, deej said:

My better half,was with her Ex, in the Water Bore business.She assures me

To find quality water at 30 metres ,you have been a extremely lucky customer,let alone a  30 metre average figure in Cmai that has been posted on this thread.

And still your hearsay still doesnt trump my experiences of drilling  around CM, unless "my wife" says otherwise I still await some figures.

• Sad 1

I don't know if this helps but....my husband and I were on a recce in Thailand last year before beginning work in Bangkok, we rented a house in Mae Rim last year in an area called Kaewasa (sp), just off the main road. Our next door neighbour at that time was an English chap whose wife was having a well drilled on the day we moved in so we got to watch the process and found out what was involved.

The house is on the edge of rice fields and we were surprised to learn the water table at the end of the monsoons was only 3 or 4 meters below the surface, just prior to the monsoons the water level fell to below 9 meters which was why the well was being drilled. The rig that was used looked like a large pickup truck with a drill assembly on the back, I've got pictures somewhere which I'll try and post later.

Our neighbour said the cost to drill was 1,000 baht per meter and she was going to go 35 meters deep, the cost of the deep well pump etc was another 20,000 baht which was sourced separately. We have a cabin back home which has a well that goes to 100 meters and the cost to drill and equip that well was about the same as here in Thailand. Hope that helps.

Believe me, I know ZERO about well digging or its costs!

But I’m writing because this is the kind of post I really appreciate seeing here.

Instead of whining about the price of beer, the age of bar girls, ad nauseam, these types of posts are what what (I think) TV really should be about: expats helping each other with the practical aspects of living here (albeit with the occasional snark).

Sure, TV is also (and will always be) a sounding board for the existential and mundane, but these practical posts are what warm my heart.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...