Xarelto - Available in Thailand ?

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No change. Still under patent and no generics available. Also still prescription only.

Thank you Sheryl. I guess that means it will be expensive through one of the large Hospitals (Samitiveg / Bumrungrad etc - if they have it). I really want to avoid having to switch to Wafarin for anti-coagulation treatment (after a recent 2nd DVT / PE within 10 years).

I was hoping to just follow on from a UK Prescription, it's going to be a pain in the neck to have family send it out every 2 months. 

As I understand it, from the previous thread the Patent runs out in 2021 - hopefully generics will become available soon afterwards, I’m wondering how soon though. 

so many myths ...xaralto is available WITHOUT prescription at most Fashino (if out of stock they will order take 3 days) roughly 6,000 baht for 28 pills (box is huge..3 time the usual size) take an old box as many staff have no idea what Rivaroxaban or Xaralto are.

after fighting to get thro all the tracking i hope this is of benefit ..first post in roughly 5 years might be on again in about the same time frame....way too much hassle if you protect your data systems.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Oxx said:

This is 100% wrong.  Xarator is a brand of atorvastatin which is a totally different drug.  See (in Thai) http://ndi.fda.moph.go.th/drug_detail/index/?ndrug=6&rctype=1C&rcno=6000033&lpvncd=&lcntpcd=&lcnno=&licensee_no=

My mistake.  I was taking it from Thai documents related to my aunt. ????.  Anyway I know both drugs are available there.

https://www.drugs.com/xarelto.html

Why is it so expensive in Thailand?  
Over here in Norway I paid around 1500 baht for Xarelto 30 tablets.
Someone is making a crazy profit ! 

I had my first DVT  and learned my lesson. 3 months on Xarelto and I am 100% cured , my leg is back to normal size and I exercise daily.  I experienced no side effects with Xarelto, its really a miracle drug. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

Why is it so expensive in Thailand?  
Over here in Norway I paid around 1500 baht for Xarelto 30 tablets.
Someone is making a crazy profit ! 

I had my first DVT  and learned my lesson. 3 months on Xarelto and I am 100% cured , my leg is back to normal size and I exercise daily.  I experienced no side effects with Xarelto, its really a miracle drug. 

Its only about £10 for 60 tablets in the UK... but thats because its subsidised by the NHS.

So, is your Xarelto also subsidised in Norway? 

If not and if you can buy it over the counter, you may have found yourself a side business !!!! 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes same,  prescription needed, strict rules when it comes to medication here. 

So I cant just bring it with me next time I stay long term in Thailand. I just hope to avoid more of this, had some problems with my right leg for a couple of years after an injury.  I feel great now and hope it will last.  Been told to drink a lot of water, and eat healthy of course. 

12 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes same,  prescription needed, strict rules when it comes to medication here. 

So I cant just bring it with me next time I stay long term in Thailand. I just hope to avoid more of this, had some problems with my right leg for a couple of years after an injury.  I feel great now and hope it will last.  Been told to drink a lot of water, and eat healthy of course. 

Same here...  I’m glad it's available in Thailand. 

After a sports injury (nasty football tackle) 10 years ago I suffered a DVT and PE - I was on Warfarin then for 6 months. 

Last month I suffered another PE (only symptom was shortness of breath), the assumption is from a DVT, but the UK NHS didn’t want to investigate for DVT. I had no DVT symptoms, I was told its possible to have a DVT without knowing it. A CT scan confirmed PE. I’m on Xarelto medication for life now. 

I’ve read that one of the Covid-19 effects it susceptibility to Thrombosis. I don’t know if I’ve had an asymptomtic case of that or if lock-down lifestyle (too much booze, not enough exercise and not enough water) has lead to another PE (stats suggest 40% of recurrence within 10 years !).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its only about £10 for 60 tablets in the UK... but thats because its subsidised by the NHS.

If not and if you can buy it over the counter, you may have found yourself a side business !!!! 

The not subsidized price in Western Europe is about 100 euro for 30 tablets of 20mg. Switzerland 100 CHF which is a bit cheaper.

Obviously,  rich people in Thailand are able to pay more than the Swiss. Crazy rich Asians. 

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A CT scan confirmed PE. I’m on Xarelto medication for life now. 

Sorry to hear that, I have been reading a lot about this lately, and really hope to avoid PE in the future. Xarelto is the way to go, and most people experience no side effects unlike Warfarin. 
If you need the medication for life and visit UK once a year maybe you could bring enough with you.  

4 hours ago, balo said:

Sorry to hear that, I have been reading a lot about this lately, and really hope to avoid PE in the future. Xarelto is the way to go, and most people experience no side effects unlike Warfarin. 
If you need the medication for life and visit UK once a year maybe you could bring enough with you.  

Thanks... The UK issues repeat prescriptions on a two month cycle.

Ultimately, I just have to take the hit and buy it in Thailand.

There has been news and reports of the effects of Covid-19 and one of them is additional susceptibility to Thrombosis.... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Try and get these pills past thai customs

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 5:21 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I’ve been told its available at the Pharmacy at the second floor above Big-C on Ekammai. 

4650 baht for 30x 15mg tablets. 

(maybe that means it can be ordered from this pharmacy, I’m not sure if its in stock).

Maybe this helps someone .

Further to this it is still true no script needed and its 4500 baht but if you join their club(you can do it straight away and its free) its 4100 baht, i live in the sticks so they lined me and I can order it and it only costs 100 baht to get it sent, lucky I had a free day before my hernia op tomorrow and lucky I stopped taking my Xarelto 2 days ago, I do miss getting em for $6 aud about 138 baht now.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, Almer said:

Try and get these pills past thai customs

??? you mean like anyone else who carries medication through borders or has their medciation posted here. 

So far...  I’ve ordered 2x 4 months worth - each time posted over from the UK without so much as a sniff from customs. 

Usually posted over with a present from one of my family etc for my son and labelled vitamins etc.

Its a saving of about 50,000 baht per year to get a member of family to post it over. 

Not sure if customs would do more than give a little slap on the wrist for blood medication if they were to check it. 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:15 AM, Billy Bloggs said:

Further to this it is still true no script needed and its 4500 baht but if you join their club(you can do it straight away and its free) its 4100 baht, i live in the sticks so they lined me and I can order it and it only costs 100 baht to get it sent, lucky I had a free day before my hernia op tomorrow and lucky I stopped taking my Xarelto 2 days ago, I do miss getting em for $6 aud about 138 baht now.

Family send them over every 4 months..... saves some beer money. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 1:43 PM, uhuh said:

The not subsidized price in Western Europe is about 100 euro for 30 tablets of 20mg. Switzerland 100 CHF which is a bit cheaper.

Obviously,  rich people in Thailand are able to pay more than the Swiss. Crazy rich Asians. 

20$ in Colombia, not subsisized.

• 2 months later...

In case of use to anyone :

Just bought some 20mg Xarelto from Rungroj pharmacy.

Around the junction of Soi On-Nut and Sukhumvit, it’s before Big C if coming from Sukhumvit direction. It is marked on Google Maps.

THB 145 per tablet.

• 4 weeks later...