Facebook takes down Trump ads over 'organized hate' policy

webfact

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Prove me wrong:  Give examples of the red triangle being used by Antifa in the US.

If the Trump re-election campaign had wanted a symbol associated with Antifa to drum up support in the US, it would have used a symbol associated with Antifa in the US.  Instead they used a symbol associated with the Nazis.  Who are they trying to appeal to?

Call me ignorant, but this is literally the first time I've ever heard of an inverted triangle--or what the F is it?-- being a symbol of the Nazi's. You guys seriously need to find some new material. You do understand, right, that the hand-gesture "A-okay" is now considered a "racist" gesture?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

It's the first time any people have heard of the inverted triangle, but among those who have it is clearly better known as a fascist symbol than an Antifa symbol. 

So I keep getting back to the question, why did Trump's re-election campaign use it?

You know, If I was living in the USA right now, I would be very worried. I would have already purchased lots of ammunition and made sure I have a handgun and a rifle ready. I would be extremely concerned if I was lower middle class and living in a a typical mixed raced neighbourhood. I would not trust my neighbours. I would be searching best states to move to to avoid strife. I would definitely be researching how to find work OUT of any city I was living in. All of this is really sad as no such racial divide seemed to be apparent until very recently. I think all of this has been media driven and I do mean all of it. I am not even going to mention politics. But as someone trying to put my shoes into the average America family living there those would be my thoughts right now. Again, very sad. All of this will lead to increased very frightening levels of violence if its not nipped at the bud.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damual Travesty said:

You know, If I was living in the USA right now, I would be very worried. I would have already purchased lots of ammunition and made sure I have a handgun and a rifle ready. I would be extremely concerned if I was lower middle class and living in a a typical mixed raced neighbourhood. I would not trust my neighbours. I would be searching best states to move to to avoid strife. I would definitely be researching how to find work OUT of any city I was living in. All of this is really sad as no such racial divide seemed to be apparent until very recently. I think all of this has been media driven and I do mean all of it. I am not even going to mention politics. But as someone trying to put my shoes into the average America family living there those would be my thoughts right now. Again, very sad. All of this will lead to increased very frightening levels of violence if its not nipped at the bud.

Blaming the media for reporting what is happening.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:29 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

And he would be right. If you read the article you would understand that antifa are allowed to use the inverted red triangle, yet the President of the United States is not. Double standards on steroids. No logic at all in this decision, and leads to the inevitable conclusion that facebook is interfering with the 2020 election. Platform vs publisher? Not much doubt about that now is there.

Trump and Attorney General William Barr have repeatedly singled out antifa as a major instigator of recent unrest during nationwide anti-racism protests, with little evidence.

Seriously???

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, darksidedog said:

So, it is standard Facebook policy rather than interference with the election, a point you seem to be deliberately glossing over to try to make a pitiful political point. Again!

I add that when you use highly questionable symbols or rhetoric, you should expect to be called out for it, when it crosses the line of common decency.

I think is more a matter of you believing what you want to

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yes seriously. By june 10 there were 51 protesters arrested. Antifa members arrested =0.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/10/51-protesters-facing-federal-charges-yet-no-sign-of-antifa-involvement/

Dont think that theres an actual group called Antifa is there ?

Isnt it various similar individual  groups all under the same umbrella ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

If you were. But you're not. And I doubt you could support your imaginary actions representing actual trends with most, or even many, Americans. Would be nice to know what "all of this" encompasses, but I'd take a wild guess it includes anything uncomfortable for Trump at a given moment. 

• Like 1