International Motor Show gears up for July 15 opening

webfact

International Motor Show gears up for July 15 opening

By THE NATION

800_0cebbab61ef2cad.jpg?v=1592796876

Grand Prix International, the organiser of the Bangkok International Motor Show, has announced that this year’s event will be held from July 15-26 at Impact Arena in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi.

The event was scheduled for March 25 to April 5 but had to be postponed due to the government’s lockdown to keep Covid-19 from spreading.

“This year’s event is being organised under cooperation with the Tourism Authority of Thailand [TAT] and the Public Health Ministry’s Department of Disease Control,” Grand Prix said. “We have employed measures, including following sanitation regulations and social distancing suggested by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, to prevent the coronavirus from spreading. We guarantee the safety of visitors.”

TAT has issued the Safety and Health Administration (SHA) certification to automakers and entrepreneurs who will operate booths at the fair. The SHA certification is granted to businesses that achieve safety standards in preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are ready to open for customers and tourists.

“An official press conference will be held this Friday [June 26], while the event’s preview round for VIPs will be held on July 13 and the press day on July 14,” the announcement said.

“The Bangkok International Motor Show will open for the general public for twelve days, from July 15 till 26, from noon to 10pm on weekdays and 11am to 10pm on weekends and holidays,” it added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390073

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-22

I think I will give that a miss. I cannot open my bar and have a few friends in to have a beer and a chat and these are all people who have been in isolation for 3 months, money is talking hereby even alowing this event this year

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Does that mean all restrictions on incoming foreigners will be removed by the beginning of July? 

I hope so. I'd like to go to the show and take a look at what motorbike to buy next..   Not likely though if I cannot fly in! Guess I'll have to save my money..  

12 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Does that mean all restrictions on incoming foreigners will be removed by the beginning of July? 

The talks on a travel bubble is for the purpose of giving certain people from other nations the freedom to enter Thailand for business. It has nothing to do with tourism.