Lawyer Needed . . .

Makoshark

Thailand does not have the concept of "Notary Public". They do, however, have what is called "Notarial Services Attorneys". You might wish to verify if this will be accepted for your use.

I used the following attorney here in Bangkok:

Mr. Somsan Maisuk

[email protected]

He is located in the Empire Tower in Sathorn, but he came to my office in OnNut, and all at a very reasonable price. If I remember correctly, it was 3,000 THB service to my door. I was very satisfied with the service.

IMG_5140 copy.jpg

IMG_5141 copy.jpg

Edited by timendres

Believe Embassy is still not doing for anything but true emergency government paperwork due COVID policy.  They advise many states have video type methods now.  Thailand is not a signatory to the convention so any local notary seal from a Thai lawyer could be challenged in home country.

34 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

i just updated my "will" in the USA and looking for an att'y in BKK to notarize it for me.

Any suggestions welcome

Does your U.S. state of residence, or former state of residence in this case, have a requirement that a will must be notarized in order to be valid/legal?

Many/most states, AFAIK, will even allow an entirely handwritten will by the will-maker, just as Thailand does. If it's not handwritten, then often signing witnesses are required. But I'm not sure how often notarizing a will is required in the U.S.