Thai durians trigger evacuation of post office in German town

webfact

3 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

I adore durian, I think it is the best taste (of food) in the world.

Worryingly though, from a bank balance perspective, my seven year old daughter agrees.

Rooster

I don’t like it either. But a durian lover described it like this:

A smell from hell, but a taste from heaven.

If you think durian smells bad, try Stinky Tofu in China and Taiwan. That stuff you can smell a good 200 meters away and makes durian smell like roses. Plus if you eat it, you get to relive the smell the next morning in the powder room. Really nasty stuff and they love it as well. No wonder the Chinese go nuts for durian.

9 hours ago, phkauf said:

If you think durian smells bad, try Stinky Tofu in China and Taiwan. That stuff you can smell a good 200 meters away and makes durian smell like roses. Plus if you eat it, you get to relive the smell the next morning in the powder room. Really nasty stuff and they love it as well. No wonder the Chinese go nuts for durian

The Taiwanese lady use to cook stink tofu about 25 meters from my room in the suburbs of Taipei, the smell impregnated the entire room, even though I tried once and it tastes like <deleted>. For me it much worst than thai Pa La (fermented fish).

Edited by A512

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Give me sauerkraut and pork sausages over the Brit meals of green peas anyway. I think the Brit cuisine is even worse then the Dutch cuisine (that is saying a lot)

Full of hearty Green Pea-ness!!!   Pass the Peas Please Pal.....pfffft.

6 hours ago, A512 said:

The Taiwanese lady use to cook stink tofu about 25 meters from my room in the suburbs of Taipei, the smell impregnated the entire room, even though I tried once and it tastes like <deleted>. For me it much worst than thai Pa La (fermented fish).

I rented an airbnb room from a vietnamese couple that would cook, they would open the porch door and front door during winter but did no help in regards to the fish smell...would wake me from a deep sleep.

Would not want to follow that stinky tofu lady if I had to use the bathroom and she was in there first!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Why would somebody mail durian to Germany?

I will give you a hint (pic taken in a Belgian shop)

Kilo price in euro......

98184225_3336765893024969_2474680518671597568_n.jpg.c4cf728c7d27ce4f3970b93208d7bf90.jpg

If its pealed its only 3 times the price you pay in Thailand. Not too bad. If its weighed as is then yes I understand.  

4 hours ago, robblok said:

If its pealed its only 3 times the price you pay in Thailand. Not too bad. If its weighed as is then yes I understand.  

Pattaya prices are not representative for Thailand.

As a matter of fact, nothing in Pattaya is representative for Thailand, and that includes Expats.

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Pattaya prices are not representative for Thailand.

As a matter of fact, nothing in Pattaya is representative for Thailand, and that includes Expats.

I dont live in Pattaya I live on the outskirts of BKK (nothaburi) Durian is extremely expensive. It easily goes for 200 bt a kg. 27,50 x 34 = 935. I seen prices go much higher as 200 too it all depends on the kind of durian.