Recommendations: One-stop Medical/dental

dumspero

Hi all, appreciate any helpful suggestions. My Thai girlfriend and I are headed to Thailand for several weeks in June and the place where we live has no quality medical care, so she's looking to have some checks and any needed work done: 1) eyes; 2) teeth; 3) ob-gyn and breasts; and 4) fingernails. Her nails are receding, perhaps due to 19 years doing garment work. Would like a one-stop place, hopefully with a decent hotel nearby. Seems like finding an answer/solution on the nails may be toughest.

Since we're on vacation and have family to visit, etc., the priorities are: 1) quality; 2) speed; and 3) cost is last, but of course we don't want to throw money away. Bangkok would work, as could Korat or Roi Et since we're headed to Mahasarakham (we like to go when it's hottest since there's no a/c..).

Have experience with Bumrungrad and Bangkok-Pattaya. Found those to be fine, but maybe pricier than necessary for top quality? And some say they tend to over-diagnose with an eye toward revenue for additional work. Didn't see that, but have seen it in the PI (St. Luke's) where I go for checks, so the complaint seems plausible.

Again, appreciate any helpful ideas. Thanks and cheers.

:D:o:D

Hi all, appreciate any helpful suggestions. My Thai girlfriend and I are headed to Thailand for several weeks in June and the place where we live has no quality medical care, so she's looking to have some checks and any needed work done: 1) eyes; 2) teeth; 3) ob-gyn and breasts; and 4) fingernails. Her nails are receding, perhaps due to 19 years doing garment work. Would like a one-stop place, hopefully with a decent hotel nearby. Seems like finding an answer/solution on the nails may be toughest.

Since we're on vacation and have family to visit, etc., the priorities are: 1) quality; 2) speed; and 3) cost is last, but of course we don't want to throw money away. Bangkok would work, as could Korat or Roi Et since we're headed to Mahasarakham (we like to go when it's hottest since there's no a/c..).

Have experience with Bumrungrad and Bangkok-Pattaya. Found those to be fine, but maybe pricier than necessary for top quality? And some say they tend to over-diagnose with an eye toward revenue for additional work. Didn't see that, but have seen it in the PI (St. Luke's) where I go for checks, so the complaint seems plausible.

Again, appreciate any helpful ideas. Thanks and cheers.

Don't know if this question will make it through on this thread, but can anyone out there brief me on Thai Prakan Chewit health insurance? Or firect me to someone or a site that can?

TIA and regards,

Perry E. Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. We made plans with Vejthani. Wanted to set it up in advance to ensure fast as possible, although as we guessed they may be sticking us as outed "medical tourists."

Phil- Thanks for the warning on Bangkok-Pattaya. Had good experiences there about 10 years ago in terms of quality and cost (emergency appendectomy for ex-wife, 4 days' stay to include me as well for 2 days, with room service to include beer for me, all for about USD 450), but things do change.

Thanks again.